Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Marques Bolden

Nothing personal against Bolden, but I hope that both he and Chase Jeter are good examples to the coaching staff of what to look at in post-players. Unless they are going to be dominant low post guys as freshman like Okafor, Carter Jr or Bagley, there is really no need to go after any of these top 20 big men who have expectations (whether it be their freshman year or at some point in their career) being fed consistent touches in the post.

Players like Bolden and Chase Jeter are players who will never fit at Duke. Coach K is recruiting the best talent available every year, which means the offensive system will change every year. Duke should stop recruiting players like Bolden and Jeter, and those players should stop committing to Duke. Unless you are a dominant big, Duke is not going to feature you offensively, and this is reasonable considering how basketball has evolved. Duke should be targeting bigs who are versatile defensively and low maintenance offensively as their multi-year bigs. Guys like Amile Jefferson and Javin DeLaurier. Only recruit bigs who are limited to solely defending the 5 if they understand they're never going to get touches offensively, like the Plumlee brothers- and it was nice to see Mason become a beast his senior year.

Personally, I wouldn't have even recruited Carey. But I realize my position's a bit extreme.

It's not the malice of the phallus, it's the motion of the ocean that makes things go.

I will root for him in the league just like I did shav - 2 bigs whose college careers were hampered by injury and took the plunge after their junior season

@Pantone287 let it be known that for all the shit I've been giving you about Bolden recently, he was probably my second favorite player on the team last year.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom