Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Marques Bolden

What’s sometimes forgotten is that those of us who didn’t think we needed Bolden (me included) had as their reason that we thought it would stunt the development of then promising rising sophomore, Chase Jeter.

I was a Jeter supporter. Thought he would be something like what Javin ended up being. It's not like that's a crazy high bar, but somehow he didn't even come close to that.

Nothing against the guy, as I'm sure he's a nice enough dude, but Jeter was a disgusting basketball player. Weak, gangly, unskilled, slow, not a good jumper or athletic at all. Closer to a walk-on than a 5-star. I think the most searing image I have of him is that missed dunk against Kansas (I believe it was?) where he was blocked by the rim because he couldn't jump. Rome is right- he wasn't even close to Javin. Javin gives us defense, rebounding, hustle, leadership, communication, and efficient selective offense. I guess the highlight of Jeter's tenure was when he landed that water bottle at Countdown.

Jeter was a great defensive rebounder and good rim protector in high school. I never expected much out of him on offense. I remember watching him on Team USA and seeing how bad his postups were. But then when he got to Duke, he didn't even maximize himself on the defensive end. Maybe if he had stayed four years he might have gotten to that level. He was respectable on Arizona last year. His shot blocking sucked, but he averaged 11 and 7 in just 25 minutes.

His hands were awful on offense.

I always wanted it to work out for Bolden, and while his career was up and down, primarily due to injuries which most people ignore (at least non-Duke fans do) I am happy with how his final season at Duke ended. He generally played well and was definitely improved. Had it been a different roster make-up, I think he would've been a more productive starting center as a result of having an increased role.

He made the right decision going to the NBA, but I actually think considering the minute workload Duke has given Carey Jr, that Bolden would've had a nice role on this team and he would be around his same minutes per game as last season, which was 19. He definitely would've been a huge upgrade IMO over Javin DeLaurier.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom