Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA Draft Discussion

Yeah, I looked at 4 other drafts yesterday and they all had Whitehead higher than that.

Personal big board:

1. Victor Wembanyama

2. Scoot Henderson
I expect the consideration of anyone else at #2 to be remembered as pure smokescreen.

3. Brandon Miller
Unassisted at-rim FG% is disastrous and a huge red flag on the court. Ultimately, numbers everywhere else are too good to deny.

4. Amen Thompson
Far from a perfect prospect, but as a cellar team, you take your chances on another Anthony Edwards, even a poor man’s version.

5. Ausar Thompson
Less upside.

6. Taylor Hendricks
7. Cam Whitmore
Close. Whitmore appears to be the better athlete, with more upside to create offense as a 1st or 2nd option. Hendricks a higher floor and great potential as an elite 4th or 5th option who makes open shots and defends. Should come down to fit.

8. Grady Dick
I think if he were black, he’d be getting consideration at #6. Seeing rave reviews from the pre-draft process about his total offensive game and not-terrible defense.

9. Cason Wallace
Known as the best perimeter defender in the draft, and his shooting numbers aren’t bad at all for a possibly raw offensive prospect. The Calipari factor (ineptly holding back elite pro prospects during their college season, who then explode in the NBA) is hard to ignore at this point. I would put him even higher and be a complete outlier, but it’s hard to disrespect the time and effort the paid writers have put into evaluating these guys.

10. Dereck Lively
Nerds love Jaren Jackson and Evan Mobley for their overall value that casuals don’t recognize. Lively will require a bit more work coming out of college to get to that level, but there’s no doubt he has that potential (monster versatile defender and decent 4th option on offense). I think he could’ve shown much more offensively, for better or for worse, on a less talented college team.

First four picks look to be locked in, so I would start trying to trade down at 5. If you can get Utah’s 9, 16 and 28 for 5, I would do it, and I don’t think Utah would be dumb to consolidate some picks if they love someone still there at 5/6. The Pistons are in an unusual position of being a cellar team that isn’t going to necessarily target a ball-dominant star on offense, and the Magic are in an unusual position of basically only having room for 3 and D wings. 9 is probably Hendricks or Dick, 16 is probably a low floor, high upside wing, and 28 can probably be paired with a high 2nd round pick to ensure a depressed asset like Dariq Whitehead or GG Jackson.

I haven't watched Amen, but Scoot is actually the one who reminds me of Anthony Edwards.

That's a good looking board, SMTTEM.

The only guy I might be higher on than you are is Whitmore (I think he's a really good 2/3 defender and has better offensive upside than most of these guys).

I hope you’re right about Whitmore, since I think that’s the pick at 5. I see 70% FT and it casts a shadow over everything else for me, even knowing it’s small sample noise. I really hate Jarace Walker for his 66% FT and that’s another potential #5 pick.

This draft is going to be more fun at the top than usual. I thought the first group of 4 were finalized but now there’s talk of the Rockets maybe taking Ausar ahead of Amen. There’s drama at pick 2. Everyone starting at 5 is rumored to be looking to trade down, and plenty of teams have multiple enticing picks to consolidate into that 3rd tier group of the leftover Thompson twin, Whitmore, Walker, Hendricks, possibly Black. Lively is a unique target some team might be in love with and want to trade up for.

Slater is extremely confident Miller is the pick for the Hornets at 2, but I don’t know how reliable Slater is for draft stuff. I would still be kinda baffled if a terrible team took Miller as a better fit rather than Scoot as the higher ceiling best player available. A contending team would be justified in doing that, not the Hornets.

Is Houston really going to take Brandon Miller at 4 to pair with Jabari Smith? Feel like they would take Ausar over Miller in that scenario.

Kendall makes his move. Shoulda bet on both Scoot and Miller when they were long odds over the last couple days.

Gotta love a team that starts Miles Bridges next to Brandon Miller. So easy to root for.

Kendall makes his move. Shoulda bet on both Scoot and Miller when they were long odds over the last couple days.

Gotta love a team that starts Miles Bridges next to Brandon Miller. So easy to root for.
Don't forget Bouknight off the bench, assuming he's not just in the G League at this point.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom