Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA Draft Discussion

On the one hand, DIAF. On the other, we'll at least have a very fun season if we have 3 green room guys + Roach in the backcourt.

Ware going higher than Lively went will be the clearest indicator of how bad the top of the draft is. Lively might've gone #1 had he stayed another year.

Wasserman is pretty good, usually. But #11 seems way too high for Foster. I can believe Proctor at #9 a bit more. I think he's going to have an All-American-level season. And the combination of his defense, size, and passing makes him a great prospect if he can just shoot 38% from three.

On the one hand, DIAF. On the other, we'll at least have a very fun season if we have 3 green room guys + Roach in the backcourt.

I just realized that Flip is not on this list. Ftr, Wasserman had him at 15.

Could be a pretty huge exodus: Proctor, Foster, Flip, McCain, Young, Roach, Mitchell, Blakes all potential departures. Schutt, too, if he doesn't get minutes this year.

Losing Foster *and* McCain to the history of OAD exodus would seem like a large failure and indictment of Scheyer's retainment-instead-of-portal model he's now on record defending

Would also probably waste Flagg's year in college if there wasn't a drastic portal pivot to account for it

Last edited:
Especially since it also likely would mean losing not just Foster and McCain, but Proctor, Flip, Mitchell, and Roach in the same year to early exits (Roach more of a technicality, but the rest all as underclassmen). Would really hope to keep two of them, given Scheyer's philosophy (and year one success with it, to be fair).

Losing Foster *and* McCain to the history of OAD exodus would seem like a large failure and indictment of Scheyer's retainment-instead-of-portal model he's now on record defending

Would also probably waste Flagg's year in college if there wasn't a drastic portal pivot to account for it
To this point, Steve Clark was at Peach Jam and got to talk with a bunch of NBA scouts. Says they're very high on Foster and McCain. They raved about McCain's work ethic.

Obviously, they can't predict how Foster and McCain players will perform though.

So if we lose both we might be hoping Roach returns for his covid year.

Stewart, Power, Roach, Evans, Harris, (reclass)Flagg, Reeves, Schutt.
Even with that they'd need another guard and another big, jus to have 5 on 5 practices, and maybe have Flagg play point forward when Roach isn't on the floor.

So if we lose both we might be hoping Roach returns for his covid year.

Stewart, Power, Roach, Evans, Harris, (reclass)Flagg, Reeves, Schutt.
Even with that they'd need another guard and another big, jus to have 5 on 5 practices, and maybe have Flagg play point forward when Roach isn't on the floor.
Bidunga is the other big. As for guards, we're recruiting Edgecombe. But I don't look at him as a lead guard. He's more like if Justise Winslow was a 2/3 as opposed to a 3/4.

7. Cadeau
10. Proctor
12. Foster
18. McCain
19. Filipowski

I think Filipowski is more likely to stay for a junior year than any of the three guards staying for their sophomore year.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom