Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA Draft Discussion

Sanogo is really the only one who surprises me there. I think he can play in the NBA.

Few other ACC things that happened after I went to bed:

Jordan Miller #48 to Clippers
Isaiah Wong #55 to Pacers
Terquavion Smith (undrafted): two-way contract with Sixers
Leaky Black (undrafted): two-way contract with Hornets
Jarkel Joiner (undrafted): Exhibit 10 deal with Hawks (non-guaranteed 1-year minimum deal; usually = training camp invite)
Kihei Clark -- summer league with Jazz
Dane Goodwin -- summer league with Kings
Nate Laszewski -- summer league with Pacers
Ja'Von Franklin (GT) -- summer league with Heat

Haven't seen anything about Tyree Appleby or Jamarius Burton.

Last edited:

Kentucky is the most stacked team. Clearly going to have a dominant season.

1. Washington Wizards

Ron Holland
| G League Ignite | SF/PF | Age: 17.9

2. Detroit Pistons

Matas Buzelis
| G League Ignite | SF | Age: 18.6

3. Charlotte Hornets

Zaccharie Risacher
| JL Bourg | SF | Age: 18.2

4. Indiana Pacers

Isaiah Collier
| USC | PG | Age: 18.7

5. Oklahoma City Thunder (via Houston)

Justin Edwards | Kentucky | SG/SF | Age: 19.5

6. Utah Jazz

Cody Williams | Colorado | SF | Age: 18.5

7. San Antonio Spurs

D.J. Wagner
| Kentucky | PG/SG | Age: 18.1

8. Orlando Magic

Donovan Clingan
| UConn | C | Age: 19.3

9. Houston Rockets (via Brooklyn)

Stephon Castle | UConn | PG/SG | Age: 18.6

10. Chicago Bulls

Kyle Filipowski
| Duke | PF/C | Age: 19.6

11. Portland Trail Blazers

Kel'el Ware
| Indiana | C | Age: 19.1

12. San Antonio Spurs (via Toronto)

Tyrese Proctor | Duke | PG | Age: 19.2

Mitchell 27. No UNC again.

What a horrible year to win the #1 lottery, especially the year after this one. Instead of Wemby, you get... Ron Holland? I wouldn't be surprised if the two UK guys end up higher, though. Wagner seems like the highest likelihood of becoming an NBA star of the whole list.

Also, Ware at 11 is a real head scratcher. Fell out of the rotation at mediocre Washington or whatever it was this year, and wasn't even a particularly hot commodity in the transfer market.

I read that a bettor placed $400,000 on Wembanyama to go #1 and won $2000. While that's obviously a terrible return, since there was zero chance Wemby wasn't going #1 this was pretty much free money. I'm sure there are other ways he could have used $400,000 to make $2000 in a single day, but they all likely would have involved more risk.

I wonder if this is something rich people actually do a lot. I guess there aren't a lot of situations where an outcome is so certain, so maybe you couldn't do it often enough in a year to make real money off of it. But it did seem like another reminder of how being rich makes it way easier to get richer.

Last edited:
I read that a bettor placed $400,000 on Wembanyama to go #1 and won $2000. While that's obviously a terrible return, since there was zero chance Wemby wasn't going #1 this was pretty much free money. I'm sure there are other ways he could have used $400,000 to make $2000 in a single day, but they all likely would have involved more risk.

I wonder if this is something rich people actually do a lot. I guess there aren't a lot of situations where an outcome is so certain, so maybe you couldn't do it often enough in a year to make real money off of it. But it did seem like another reminder of how being rich makes it way easier to get richer.

This is pedantic but I guess he could have been Len Bias'd or gotten crippled by a bus in NYC three days before the draft or w/e? On that sum, T-bills paying out ~$1,700 a month with zero risk of those freak occurrences right now, with fewer tax implications. I'd stick with that.

I wouldn't say it's a sucker bet, but I remember on the BS pod a year or two back, I think it was Simmons' friend Joe House, bet a large wad on some absurd money-line bet, like a UK -5000 vs St. Peter's or something, just to try and win a hundred or two off a near five figure bet. What's the point?

This is pedantic but I guess he could have been Len Bias'd or gotten crippled by a bus in NYC three days before the draft or w/e? On that sum, T-bills paying out ~$1,700 a month with zero risk of those freak occurrences right now, with fewer tax implications. I'd stick with that.

I wouldn't say it's a sucker bet, but I remember on the BS pod a year or two back, I think it was Simmons' friend Joe House, bet a large wad on some absurd money-line bet, like a UK -5000 vs St. Peter's or something, just to try and win a hundred or two off a near five figure bet. What's the point?
Yeah, but in any college basketball game there is a chance that a massive underdog wins. The odds of that are much higher than Wembanyama dying or getting crippled before the draft.

The "point" is that it's a near zero risk for a $2000 payout on something that takes five minutes to set up. Though I guess if you have $400,000 to put down in the first place, the prospect of making $2000 on five minutes of labor doesn't sound as exciting to you.

I don't think I like "no UNC again". Would be nice to see Elliot Cadeau in there as a late first rounder or something.
He seems pretty set on being OAD.

I'm not surprised that a 6'1" guard isn't listed in an early mock. But if he plays well enough to get into the first round, I bet he's gone.

He's also relatively old. If he hadn't reclassed, he'd have been 20 when he played his first college game. He'll still be relatively old for his class as it is, needs to get on with his life. Decent chance he sees how much fun Big Hot is having as a 32 year old college student and stays 4-5 years.

NBADraft.net has McCain 14 and Cadeau 26. I don’t see Duke’s other freshmen anywhere. It seems apparent this will be the roster for 2024-25:

PG Harper (Fr) / Roach (5th Sr) / Blakes (Sr)
SG McCain (So) / Foster (So)
SF Evans (Fr) / Schutt (Jr) / Harris (redshirted)
PF Power (So) / Stewart (So)
C Flagg (Fr) / Bidunga (Fr) / Reeves (RS So)

Interesting to see if Blakes redshirts as a senior to get 2 more seasons at Duke after that. Ideally, Bidunga, the #1 C recruit in the country, would be ok with redshirting as well. He could potentially go in the 1st round after that redshirt year.

NBADraft.net is consistently awful and makes some crazy choices. I think they just do it to be different. Why would you have Duke's smallest freshman as a lottery pick?

I guess it's possible he comes in and hits 43% of his threes and is unstoppable off the dribble, and teams don't care about his size. But it's not like he's an amazing athlete either.

Duke will have 12 players on the roster, assuming they don't add a last-minute big.

Roach, Flip, and Proctor likely gone. I know Mitchell wanted to be OAD, so that would suggest he leaves after this next season, but will his stock really improve that much? Maybe just because it's a weak draft.

Duke has two players already committed: Evans and Harris. Bidunga seems like a virtual lock. So that's one surefire spot left. Possibly as many as four if Mitchell leaves, a freshman goes pro, and someone transfers. None of those seem like something you can bank on.

Forgot about Young. I was counting Blakes as the most likely transfer. I suppose he could simply be done with school, but I expect him to chase a bigger role elsewhere.

I heard the plan with Blakes was to graduate in 3 years. So he can grad transfer after next year, and still has a Duke Degree for his future.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom