Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA Draft Discussion

Good big board from Wasserman if you want to see a great Duke team next season:

Filipowski 7, McCain 23, Proctor 50, Foster 74.

Proctor's stock has tanked to the point where he might be a 4-year player, justifiably so. No improvement on his 3pt range, ability to take over games with scoring appears non-existent, which would make for a backup PG ceiling in the NBA if he doesn't start to show something more. It was inconceivable at the beginning of the season for Proctor to come back for a junior season, but that's what we might get.

PG Proctor (jr), SG Roach (5th), SF Edgecombe (fr), PF Flagg (fr), C Mitchell (jr) seems reasonably likely for the main lineup, with depth of Foster, Evans, Stewart, Power, Harris, Knueppel, Ngongba, Reeves. I'd expect Schutt to transfer in this scenario, obviously. Unfortunately, Stewart and/or Power would likely transfer as well.

Dillingham at 3 is interesting. He's not big and his FT% isn't great. But just turned 19 this month and everything else is there to project stardom, including being a Kentucky guard. Topic is the scarier prospect to me due to a lack of any track record for shooting 3s and lack of explosiveness - he'll draw comparisons to the gigantic bust that is Killian Hayes.

Last edited:

I don’t think Givony has ever been sarcastic before, so I don’t think this is sarcasm. But the warmup clip is just a dude dribbling, shooting jumpers, jumping rope and stretching?

Filipowski, Proctor, McCain all gone if this is somewhat accurate. All UNC underclassmen back after winning the national title.

Proctor / Foster
Harris / Schutt
Flagg / Evans
Mitchell / Knueppel
Maluach / Stewart / Ngongba

I didn’t intend for this to be a rotation chart, more just an inventory by position, but it doesn’t seem that unrealistic for Harris to start if Harris is Duke’s best shooter next season. That spot is the only one Duke is going to get any spacing out of.

I figure Harris and Knueppel will be the only guys who can shoot, and they’ll hardly play, especially if Roach returns. But then we’ll at least have Roach who can shoot. I’ve been assuming Schutt is transferring for months now.

Maybe Proctor and Foster will be more consistent by then?

*Shoot, Foster is at 38% from 3?? I really should watch the games.

Last edited:
Proctor / Foster
Harris / Schutt
Flagg / Evans
Mitchell / Knueppel
Maluach / Stewart / Ngongba
I know this is applicable most years, but jesus that's a stacked squad on paper. Doesn't even include Roach possibly coming back or TJ Power (transfer alert). Curious what the main driving force will be for us to come up short yet again next season.

Reactions: beo
I figure Harris and Knueppel will be the only guys who can shoot, and they’ll hardly play, especially if Roach returns. But then we’ll at least have Roach who can shoot. I’ve been assuming Schutt is transferring for months now.

Maybe Proctor and Foster will be more consistent by then?

*Shoot, Foster is at 38% from 3?? I really should watch the games.
Foster is a good shooter. The concern is that the volume is really low. With his weird form and his inconsistent FT shooting, you have to wonder if that 38% number is sustainable with more volume.

I'm not bothered too much by his form, he has a similar trajectory on his 3s that Quinm had. My biggest concern is whether or not he got that dawg in him.

His FT shooting really sucked early, but since the Baylor game (12/20/23), he is shooting 84% on 25 attempts. He has 48 attempts total on the season.. The inconsistency is he goes games without an attempt. 7 out of the 15 games since Baylor, he has 0 FTA.

He's shooting 38.2% during those 15 games and 38.3% from 3 on the year. His 2 point shooting really sucks in those same games at 36%, whereas he was at 58% from 2 in the first 10 games.

I'm not bothered too much by his form, he has a similar trajectory on his 3s that Quinm had. My biggest concern is whether or not he got that dawg in him.
I don't think it's at all comparable to Quinn. He shoots a moonball with way more arc than Quinn's. Pretty sure that three of Mark's shots would hit the rim before one of Caleb's. He also uses no guide hand. It's essentially a 22-foot floater. It's one of the weirdest shots I've ever seen.

I don't think it's at all comparable to Quinn. He shoots a moonball with way more arc than Quinn's. Pretty sure that three of Mark's shots would hit the rim before one of Caleb's. He also uses no guide hand. It's essentially a 22-foot floater. It's one of the weirdest shots I've ever seen.
Yeah, I've always been taught "never up, never in" so Mark's shot is far more problematic, IMO. Whatever Foster is doing wrong from a mechanics stand point is leading to a pretty consistent, desirable outcome.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom