Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

I've never seen a fanbase that hates their star player more than Boston does. I would honestly hope they flame out in the second round if it wouldn't all get pinned on Tatum.

To be fair, I don't think teams usually win titles with a star player who isn't top 5 overall and who is shooting 32% in the clutch.

I've never seen a fanbase that hates their star player more than Boston does. I would honestly hope they flame out in the second round if it wouldn't all get pinned on Tatum.

Maybe because he had a couple subpar games all the fools come out?

The larger problems with the Celtics?

1 - the head coach (numerous examples where the team seems unprepared or simply does not adjust)

2 - precarious health

3 - Jaylen has a bad habit of turnovers and spacing out on defense

Wouldn't be such a big deal if they still had Hield. In fact, if they did, I'd expect them to actually get better. Mathurin is a wildly overrated player who is getting as big a role as he is because of the edicts of the front office, not because he's actually helping the team. The Pacers are 7.6 points per 100 better with him off the court. The entire difference is on offense. He doesn't fit what they're trying to do nearly as well as Hield did. And he neither helps nor hurts their defense.

lol wtf, I kept waiting for them to pan to the fan before i got the premise.

Also, shoutout to Suns and Warriors losing to make this night slightly better

lol wtf, I kept waiting for them to pan to the fan before i got the premise.

Also, shoutout to Suns and Warriors losing to make this night slightly better

I think the Duke game broke the bad cycle that Dean Wade beating the Celtics started earlier in the week. Because all of the results tonight were great.

Good gawd. If they hadn't lost the literally half a dozen or so games they had a double digit lead in the 4th quarter, they'd be fighting for the one seed. Oh well. Still, 4th best net rating in the league only behind Boston, Minny, OKC

I would favor them to advance to the second round if they could secure home court. And then just hope Minnesota holds on to the top seed, who they've somehow owned for a while. Conference finals against Denver is probably a sweep for the Nuggets but it's all gravy at that point, and if Murray sustains a series ending injury, who knows?

Last edited:

Good gawd. If they hadn't lost the literally half a dozen or so games they had a double digit lead in the 4th quarter, they'd be fighting for the one seed. Oh well. Still, 4th best net rating in the league only behind Boston, Minny, OKC

I would favor them to advance to the second round if they could secure home court. And then just hope Minnesota holds on to the top seed, who they've somehow owned for a while. Conference finals against Denver is probably a sweep for the Nuggets but it's all gravy at that point, and if Murray sustains a series ending injury, who knows?

I think the biggest reason for excitement for me is the recent explosion of Trey Murphy. I always thought it might take a while for him to come around after missing the first 20 games of the season. But I was starting to worry we might go the full year without seeing this version of Trey.

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 10.19.17 PM.png

Also, the New Orleans starters are good together now. The big knock against NO was that their starters have a negative net rating on the year. But since Jan 1st, they're +6.4. That's not incredible for a starting lineup, but it's far better than the uninspiring -0.8 that they are on the season.

On the negative side, Orlando got up to 4th and then immediately forgot how to score. 74 points vs. NY followed by 97 against Indiana.

Guess that's a NY thing these days. Can you imagine being an NBA fan these days and paying to watch NY lose 79-73 at home? That's a fucking halftime score in most modern games. Four players have scored 70+ points in the last 14 months. How does this actually happen?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom