Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

@DurhamSon you mentioned that the Pelicans are 4th overall in net rating, but it's even better since their brutal In-Season Tournament loss. And yeah, they've underperformed their expected win-loss total in that time and should be a bit higher in the standings.

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 11.40.44 AM.png

Scoring is down 4 ppg since the all-star break, presumably because Silver was no longer pleased with a product where you basically can't play defense anymore. The difference in how the games are officiated now is a ridiculously impactful change to make midseason. Completely changes the complexion of the playoffs, IMO, just don't know how yet.

Scoring is down 4 ppg since the all-star break, presumably because Silver was no longer pleased with a product where you basically can't play defense anymore. The difference in how the games are officiated now is a ridiculously impactful change to make midseason. Completely changes the complexion of the playoffs, IMO, just don't know how yet.
He basically told the refs to start calling games like the playoffs. I'm not sure that it changes anything. We're just getting playoff style physicality earlier.

New Orleans got their ass kicked by the Cavs because the Cavs made more threes than they attempted. I don't understand why New Orleans has these games where they just don't take threes. They're a very good shooting team.

And no, they didn't technically make more than NO attempted. But they made 20. And NO attempted 22. That's a stupidly low volume in this day and age.

Miami are frauds this year, there's no Riley/Spolestra magic coming to save them. It's the 2022/2023 UNC effect, where a stretch of unbelievably unsustainable shooting propelled them past the good guys into the finals, where it all came crashing down, and then didn't happen again next season. No one is "coasting" to the 8 seed with their play-in lives on the line.

Unless Lillard is truly the coaster-in-chief and has an enormous turn around, this conference is as much a Fait accompli for Boston as we've seen in an NBA conference since the Lebron 2.0 Cavs were running basically unchallenged. They have a 9.5 game lead against the 2nd seed and 5.5 ahead of Denver, who is coasting. Literally just play Porzingis once a week or less and put a 32 minute restriction on your starters and take April off. You already lost one title due to cumulative fatigue, and if Tatum is going to play in the olympics this year, that might be the case in 2025

Last edited:
This was so violent that both players got injured on the play. He's maybe the most viscerally exciting in-game dunker I've ever seen.

I thought he was doing the whole "looking at your hand after a dunk" thing, but that wasn't even the hand he dunked with, and towards the end of the clip, you're like, "Oh, he's in pain."

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom