Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

I can’t believe how good the West playoffs will be. The only series that matters in the East is the 1v8 with Celtics Sixers in the 1st round. Bizarre.

I think the Magic can beat either the Cavs or the Pacers. And I'm not sure their second round series is unwinnable either. The Bucks are dogshit and the Heat are a 7-seed for a reason. Franz Wagner rolled his ankle tonight, but assuming that's minor, there's an outside chance for them to make the ECF.

They'd get annihilated by the Celtics once they got there but that's all right.

Honestly, the only series that seems kinda boring is the East 2-7, assuming it’s still the Bucks.

It's almost like the NBA rigged this shit. How is it that the Pelicans literally close the season with the three teams right behind them in the standings?

Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 11.30.17 PM.png

I don’t think it would be terrible for the Pels to end up in the 7 spot, especially if BI is really going to come back. Just like the Sixers with Embiid, they’re probably better off with another game or two to ramp up. And if they can’t win one of 2 home games, they probably weren’t going to do very much.

I don’t think it would be terrible for the Pels to end up in the 7 spot, especially if BI is really going to come back. Just like the Sixers with Embiid, they’re probably better off with another game or two to ramp up. And if they can’t win one of 2 home games, they probably weren’t going to do very much.
The Lakers are terrible matchup for them, so the most likely outcome would be an 8 seed. That's also not necessarily worse than the 6 seed depending on who actually gets the 1.

The real disaster here is the Ingram injury and falling out of the 4-5 spots. They could have actually won a series from that position.

I won't complain too much about Pel's injury luck if BI is back and Zion is peaking after having given up on ever seeing a health and in shape Zion again at the start of the season, but it still does suck. Especially because hosting the Clippers in the first round would've been a favorable matchup while the Lakers, Denver, and maybe even Minnesota are bad matchups.

Although I make those claims with little confidence because I barely watch until the postseason.

I think Minnesota is a good matchup. Zion has traditionally played very well against Gobert, whether in Utah or Minnesota. And the Pelicans have played well against Minnesota in general. But I agree with the other two.

They've owned the Clippers this year though. They simply have no defensive answer for the Pelicans' size and athleticism. And NO has the wings to throw at Kawhi and PG. Add in the Clippers health always being up in the air, and that was their most realistic path to winning a 1st round series.

Last edited:
I think Minnesota is a good matchup. Zion has traditionally played very well against Gobert, whether in Utah or Minnesota. And the Pelicans have played well against Minnesota in general. But I agree with the other two.

They've owned the Clippers this year though. They simply have no defensive answer for the Pelicans size and athleticism. And NO has the wings to throw at Kawhi and PG. Add in the Clippers health always being up in the air, and that was their most realistic path to winning a 1st round series.

Playoff Harden is ready to rock.

Boston became the first team in NBA history to not shoot a single free throw in an NBA game. The Bucks shot 2.

The Magic are down 14 to a fucking Rockets team that has absolutely nothing to play for. The margins are so thin in the East that they could fall from 3rd to 5th because of this one fucking game.

Like, why if you're the Rockets would you be total fucking dickbags like that? Just get your worst players reps.

Tweet was deleted. It said Giannis left the game early tonight and was getting an MRI on his Achilles after the game. Wondering if the MRI part of the tweet was incorrect?

Last edited:
Even when the Bucks win, they lose. I'm actually starting to feel sorry for Doc.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom