Less than a week to go before the playoffs, and there's still critical seeding to be decided. Excellent.

Even found NCCU a jersey:

7jFF1YW.png

By the numbers it would appear Mason is the second or third biggest steal of the draft, depending on which you think is more impressive; a guy drafted 15th who probably should have been taken top 3, or a guy drafted 22nd who probably should have been taken in the top 5.

Watching this D-league game where Seth Curry went off for 44. The final score is something like 144-138. LA's D-league team averages over 100 possessions a game. It's just insane to watch: endless fast breaks.

I know Duke will never do this. But this is how basketball should be played, in my opinion. I'm sick of all these 60 possession teams. When did that become the way to play?

I might become a D-league fanatic. There is some ridiculously exciting basketball being played at that level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just listened to the old Zach Lowe podcast from a week ago. Mentioned that R. Kelly is top 10 among C/PF in adjusted plus/minus. The entire top 10 of bigs are either great (Howard, Davis, Dirk) or 3pt shooters (Channing Frye types).

JJ is lighting it up early against the Nuggets. 10 points in the first 6 minutes.

This has been my guilty pleasure all season. Love looking at Josh Smith shot charts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've finally figured out who Durant reminds me of and it's George Gervin. Gervin was my favorite player when I was about 7 years old.

DurhamSon said:
Less than a week to go before the playoffs, and there's still critical seeding to be decided. Excellent.

Even found NCCU a jersey:

7jFF1YW.png

Second least favorite West team behind the Grizz.

NCCUknow's power rankings of teams he wants to win in each conference:

West

1- Rockets
2. Clippers
3. Golden State
4. Dallas
5. OKC
6. Portland
7. SA
8. Grizz

East

1. Chicago
2. Brooklyn
3. Indiana
4. Miami (just to see a good matchup in the finals)
5. Toronto
6. Washington
7. Atlanta
8. McBobcats

I could switch Clips and GS.

Sometimes I don't know until two of the teams actually play

I just go by number of Deviles/Heels.

East:
1. Chicago - Boozer, Dunleavy
2. Charlotte - Gsus, Josh
3. Atlanta - Elton
4. Brooklyn - Mase
5. Miami - Shane, but he's already got two
6. Don't Care
7. Don't Care
8. Toronto - Spaz

West

1. LAC - JJ
2. OKC - like Durant, owned by Dukie
3-5. Don't Care
6. Golden State - TBF
7. San Antonio - Dancer
8. Dallas - Carter

My rooting interests in the 1st round are mostly just to set up the most interesting later round matchups.

Want 1 Pacers over 8 Hawks (will watch games 6 and 7 only)
Want 2 Heat over 7 Bobcats (will watch games 6 and 7 only)
Want 6 Nets over 3 Raptors (will watch)
Want 4 Bulls over 5 Wizards (maybe will watch)

Want 1 Spurs over 8 Mavs (will watch games 6 and 7 only)
Want 2 Thunder over 7 Grizzlies (will watch)

The two series that I will actually watch and probably enjoy are Warriors/Clippers and Rockets/Blazers. I just like the Rockets and what they do. I don't think the Blazers are ready for a deep run yet. For Warriors/Clippers, I won't know who I'm rooting for until a game or two in, and that's cool. Probably Clippers if Redick is playing a big role.

Bulls/Pacers, Nets/Heat, Rockets/Spurs is what this should get to. Thunder vs either Warriors or Clippers will be the best, but I think the Clippers would give us the better series.

Oh man, forgot about Gerald. Would love for him to have some time in the sun

For some reason, I've always felt like Steph Curry is an honorary Duke player. He's also my current favorite player to watch.

And I love the way JJ has been incorporated into The Clippers.

I admit it: I'm an offense-first guy. I miss the days when all NBA games were 100+ possessions. I am excited about the possibility of games in the 120s.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil