Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Lebron James saw the new television deal coming down the pike when he signed with the Cleveland Cavaliers in July, opting for a two-year, $42.1 million deal rather than the full max available to him of four years, $88 million. "It was being a businessman," James said. "I understand the business of this sport. It had a lot to do with it."

James said it's on the league's players to continue to enlighten one another about the business side of things. "That's a problem that we have," James said. "Sometimes guys want money but are not educated. Guys want the best deal, but are not educated on what's going on.

"I never thought about it," Carmelo Anthony said at practice. "I never thought about a two-year deal."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11654 ... deal-place

Although he is guilty of what you accuse him of, Ray will always be the man. An all-time favorite of mine, even though he played for UCONN.

DurhamSon said:

The ring chasing triumvirate of LeBron, Miller and Allen is complete. They are waiting for Dion to take them to the promise land.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading his description of Thibodeau's defense versus Mike Brown's makes me angry all over again at how inflexible and behind-the-times Coach K is as a defensive coach.

All the Wiggins haters are going to be eating their words. AW will be a stud for the Wolves.

torontoduke said:
All the Wiggins haters are going to be eating their words. AW will be a stud for the Wolves.

Not being snarky, but are there Wiggins haters? I think the debate about Wiggins was not how low his floor was, but how high his ceiling was?

I don't have a link, but some NBA scouts were pretty critical of Wiggins and were doubtful he has the mettle to be a star in the pros. It seems people made these conclusions when he had a subpar NCAA tourney showing (one bad game) and was not a massive scorer at Kansas. I guess my post smacks of bandwagon hopping, but I have been a strong believer that he has the all-around skills to be a really good pro (perhaps a regular all-star). I will say the same thing even when he has some 5 point nights this year. He is still a kid.

Having said that, I do not think the Cavs necessarily made a bad move in trading him; they just need K Love to stick around.

I also have to get away from using the term "hater" so loosely

Jabari had 14 & 8 tonight, but only shot 6-15. He will be terrific in Milwaukee, but they could use a better point guard to play alongside him, IMO.

There aren't any good highlights of it, but Jabari had an amazing dream shake. I think it tied the game at 75.

Jahlil is the bigger body, but Jabari might have even better post footwork.

rome8180 said:
Jahlil is the bigger body, but Jabari might have even better post footwork.
Yet instead of posting him more often, Duke chose to constantly give Jabari the ball facing up from 20 feet out.

Still wish that Wiggins would've ended up on the Raptors. Long term that would've been so much cooler had he become a big star. I'm skeptical solely of his offensive ceiling, I think he'll be legit as a defensive stopper relatively early in his career. Worst case I could see is a poor man's Andre Igoudala.

Nice comments about Jabari's fabulous post moves. His stats as a high-efficiency post scorer provide further support to the argument that he should have posted up (and fed in the post) frequently.

I'll probably regret saying this but Tristan Thompson actually looks halfway decent now. I can see why he's getting the starting nod over Verejao.

Gotta be Dre here. Its the reason he's on the team.

You will not regret this - TT can play. He just needs to become a better defender and more efficient finisher around the rim. The effort level and rebounding will always be solid.

DurhamSon said:
I'll probably regret saying this but Tristan Thompson actually looks halfway decent now. I can see why he's getting the starting nod over Verejao.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom