Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

That just blows to see Randle get hurt like that and probably miss the rest of the season.

One thing I don't understand though is why if you're rebuilding, you aren't playing him 30 minutes a game right out of the gate? I know he looked lost in his brief time out on the floor but still, how is he going to get better playing 14 minutes a game? If I draft a player in the first 10 picks, he's playing 30+ minutes right away so that I can find out really quick if he's a franchise caliber player or if he's a future #2 or #3 type player.

Maybe Byron Scott is just trying to carve out a niche for himself as THE coach to go after if you really want to tank. "Oh, you want that #1 pick? I'll get you that #1 pick."

There's a good chance with that approach that the Lakers beat out the Sixers for worst record. Drafting Okafor and Jaylen Brown and signing Durant puts the Lakers in title contention.

Raymond Felton
Jaylen Brown
Kevin Durant
Julius Randle
Jahlil Okafor

I swear the Knicks' roster is what you'd get if you took the 76ers, took away their 3 best young players, and replaced them by spending a combined $59 million on Anthony, Stoudemire, and Bargnani instead.

Cole Aldrich? Quincy Acy? Travis Wear?

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
There's a good chance with that approach that the Lakers beat out the Sixers for worst record. Drafting Okafor and Jaylen Brown and signing Durant puts the Lakers in title contention.

Raymond Felton
Jaylen Brown
Kevin Durant
Julius Randle
Jahlil Okafor

LOL at Felton. I'm not sure that guy will be still be in the league when Jahlil gets there next year. (Oops, looks like he has a player option for next year, so barring a buyout, he might still be hanging around somewhere).

childress22 said:
I swear the Knicks' roster is what you'd get if you took the 76ers, took away their 3 best young players, and replaced them by spending a combined $59 million on Anthony, Stoudemire, and Bargnani instead.

Cole Aldrich? Quincy Acy? Travis Wear?

That might be the least defensive value per dollar in the league (though LA probably trumps it since Nash can't even play).

Jabari only 3-9 for 8 points and 4 rebounds in 36 minutes. A net +/- of -13, lowest of any player in the game. His team lost by one.

With 40 seconds left in the first quarter of this (nationally televised) OKC-POR game, Lance Thomas (10 pts) has exceeded his entire 2013-14 season point total (6 pts).

^I have been watching that in between the series game. Pretty amazing start for Lance!

Twitter user "Black Supremacist" better pick him up for his fantasy team.*

*not sure if anyone remembers that from last season's opening day, but what the fuck.

My Celts are off to a good start.

Mason started against them, but looks like he had foul trouble (only 11 min).

Aside from LT, looks like a pretty modest start for the Duke alumni.

Apparently Booze has 8 turnovers so far against the Suns.

Faried with 22 and 17 in 28 minutes, jeez.

Yeah, our guys blew tonight. Henderson only played 9 minutes for the Hornets, that sucks. He was looking like an almost all-star a year or two ago. Dunleavy started and scored 0 points in 31 minutes.

Golden State played terrible tonight, still won by 18. Their defense was fantastic but too many turnovers and poor three point shooting overall. Still, happy to get the first win out of the way and a win on the road.

Pantone287 said:
Faried with 22 and 17 in 28 minutes, jeez.

Yeah, our guys blew tonight. Henderson only played 9 minutes for the Hornets, that sucks. He was looking like an almost all-star a year or two ago. Dunleavy started and scored 0 points in 31 minutes.

Miles had a pretty good game. Granted it was against the Lakers. 10 and 6 in 24 minutes on 5-7 shooting.

And Lance somehow played 31 minutes and scored 14 points on 7-10 shooting for OKC. I am pretty sure that is more points than he ever scored in a meaningful Duke game in his career.

Westbrook had 38 and OKC still lost by double digits. Going to be a long six weeks for them.

Didn't even realize that the Bucks were up by 23 on the Hornets before losing.

Is every team Jabari plays on destined to give up enormous second-half leads?

Varejao extended for 3 years 30 million. Thompson extension was promised to agent when LeBron signed. iPhone autocorrects LeBron to have capital B.

If the Clippers fail this season, LeBron should demand Love Irving Waiters picks for Paul Griffin Redick.

Last edited by a moderator:
That Varejao extension is terrible. $10 million per season for the next three seasons for a then 33 year old center who is always hurt. New TV money or not, that's awful, just awful.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom