Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

RealCavsFans is weirdly happy with Kyrie's performance tonight, despite his shooting percentages and assist numbers being much lower.

I guess that's a consequence of winning?

Anthony Davis 31 pts (9-21 though) 13-16 FT 15 boards, 3 blocks, 2 steals and an assist

The Age of Perry Jones III is upon us. Leads the Thunder in a blowout of the Nuggets, with Kendrick Perkins as their 3rd best player. What a steal by Presti. He is prepared for a team without Westbrook or Durant.

Parker sure doesn't let low field goal percentage stop him from shooting. Was 5-17. Did have 11 rebounds, though. He's proven he can do that on an NBA level at least.

Fortunately Wiggins hasn't been any more efficient so far.

In other news:

Klay Thompson dropped a career-high 41 after getting that extension. He and Steph Curry combined for 72 points on 24-37 shooting, 8-15 from three, and 16-17 from the line.

Lakers start the season 0-4 for first time since moving to LA. Allowed GS to shoot 55/48. Truly a masterful tank job by Byron Scott.

41 points and FOUR MISSED SHOTS. If you count free throws, he throw the ball at the rim 27 times, and it went down through the rim 22 times. Crazy.

The Thunder without Durant, Westbrook, Morrow, and Reggie Jackson... are still a team I'd pick over the Lakers.

Thompson keeps playing like he has and I won't be as bitter about not getting Kevin Love. At least he's on old TV max deal money and not new.

IMO, the only other backcourts that come close (in terms of youth, balance, true PG play, and at least some defense) are Toronto and Phoenix.

The Golden State-Portland game was awesome. Klay with a tough shot late and then GS gets back-to-back steals to seal the win.

Not very optimistic about Cleveland winning at Portland on Tuesday, though, after such a tough home loss for Portland tonight.

Hopefully Duke at least wins their exhibition.

BOOM! Fuck yeah Klay Thompson! Klay had some monster plays tonight (that dunk over Robin Lopez was awesome) and got a great look for the game winner. But damn if Draymond Green isn't always involved late on a defensive stop. Dude is the perfect role player. Doesn't need shots, always hustles his ass of and always makes plays.

I have no idea how well Steve Kerr will be long-term as a coach but he's so much of an improvement already on Mark Jackson that I can't help but be excited. They play defense and move the ball, it's awesome. Cut down on the turnovers and this team has a chance to be really, really good.

So Golden State is my favorite to win the West now.

The Thunder, who were my Finals pick in the preseason, probably won't even make the playoffs and the Clippers have looked horrendous so far. People forget that this is a team that has never gotten to the conference finals, and aside from adding a good backup center they did nothing to improve in the offseason. Spurs and Dubs seem way ahead of the pack right now.

It's certainly possible Klay Thompson will be first team All-NBA this season, and then the Warriors look really smart for holding onto a guy at the pre-new-CBA max instead of getting Love and having to pay the new-CBA max for a big guy who will never be a good defender in the stay-in-front-of-man and rim protector sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
best4heisman said:
So Golden State is my favorite to win the West now.

The Thunder, who were my Finals pick in the preseason, probably won't even make the playoffs and the Clippers have looked horrendous so far. People forget that this is a team that has never gotten to the conference finals, and aside from adding a good backup center they did nothing to improve in the offseason. Spurs and Dubs seem way ahead of the pack right now.

Eh, Portland and Indiana were locks to meet in the finals a month into last season. Dubs look good, but Bogut needs to stay healthy. Clips will be fine, and if OKC can stay even close to .500 for the next month they could be freakish if Adams and Jones turn into real players:

PG - Westbrook
SG - Durant
SF - Jones
PF - Ibaka
C - Adams

Golden State's entire season rests on being healthy. If they're healthy come playoff time, they can certainly challenge for the title. The problem has become they get to the playoffs and someone important gets hurt. It was David Lee a couple years ago and last year it was Andrew Bogut. They stay healthy, they have a great mix of offense and top level defense. They should've beaten San Antonio two years ago and definitely should've won last year against the Clippers despite no Bogut. They make the correct call in game 3, they're moving on.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom