Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

rome8180 said:
I'll take the Spurs again. I see no reason they won't win another title.
I can't bring myself to pick the Spurs to repeat. I still think that they have the best team in the league, but the Duncan/Parker/Ginobili is bound to regress sooner rather than later. They've aged so well that its easy to forget that these guys simply aren't going to be good for much longer. Big men in particular seem to drop off almost instantly, and within the next 2-3 years Duncan is going to have a season similar to Garnett's last year. I just think the Spurs are too old to put confidence in, but they're clearly the best team until someone else proves otherwise.

Kings are 3-1 with wins at Clippers, at Nuggets and vs Blazers. The loss was vs Warriors. They're winning one year too early.

best4heisman said:
rome8180 said:
I'll take the Spurs again. I see no reason they won't win another title.
I can't bring myself to pick the Spurs to repeat. I still think that they have the best team in the league, but the Duncan/Parker/Ginobili is bound to regress sooner rather than later. They've aged so well that its easy to forget that these guys simply aren't going to be good for much longer. Big men in particular seem to drop off almost instantly, and within the next 2-3 years Duncan is going to have a season similar to Garnett's last year. I just think the Spurs are too old to put confidence in, but they're clearly the best team until someone else proves otherwise.

I think they win this year and it's their last title with the current group.

I can't convince my idiot friend that Joakim Noah is a good player. He says he stinks and it drives me crazy, he has to be fucking with me lol.

Some people are just incapable of suspending their biases and seeing objective reality.

Noah is the kind of guy (almost a cliché now, I guess) that does not have to score a point to make an impact on the game. He does everything to help make his team better. Just a flat-out winner.

I thought David Blatt was an offensive genius? When is the team going to start playing like it?

Also, when has anyone blamed Dion for anything?

Kyrie couldn't shoot, the offense had no rhythm, and LeBron just doesn't look like himself.

Could be a long 20-30 games before they get stuff figured out.

Good local article on the Cavs:
http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-cav ... n-1.538273

5. James spoke of breaking the bad habits the Cavs built up the last few years. When he says that, he’s speaking directly to Kyrie Irving and Dion Waiters. And he’s not the first veteran to say it. When the Cavs were destroyed in a critical late-season loss to the Atlanta Hawks last April that effectively eliminated them from the postseason, Luol Deng’s frustrations similarly boiled over.

6. “We have a lot of good players, a lot of individuals who could take over games, but we have to realize that’s not our strength,” Deng said. “We’ve shown when we share the ball and play together, we’re a different team.”

7. Deng is gone, but James is preaching a similar message. It was striking to me watching LeBron stand around the 3-point line near the end of the first half Tuesday. The Cavs’ only basket over the final 3:23 of the half was a miracle bank shot from Tristan Thompson and they trailed by five in the final seconds. The Cavs had 15 seconds to run a play, but James watched Irving just dribble the ball down and hoist a 3-pointer. James barely moved the entire time. No one really did. LeBron stood there for a moment before walking to the locker room.

12. Waiters made 42 percent of his catch-and-shoot 3-point attempts last season (72-for-173). That ranked 35th in the league (minimum 100 attempts), which was higher than Kevin Love (40 percent) and Irving (32 percent).

13. So when Waiters stayed behind after the team’s morning shootaround Tuesday and worked out for another 40 minutes, after the bus and rest of the players were long gone, it wasn’t surprising to watch him working primarily on catch-and-shoot 3-pointers. Yet when I asked him about focusing on that this season, he dismissed it.

14. “That’s not my game,” he said. “I can do it, but you know what I’m effective at: pick-and-roll and things like that.”

24. Right now the Cavs aren’t even to the paint job yet. They’re still working on the engine. Tuesday was James letting the young kids see what happens when they continue to play as they have in past years

For my 1,000th post on this board, I'd just like to say fuck Dion Waiters. Absolutely derails the Cavs' first unit offensively and I find his game so aesthetically unpleasing. Blatt needs to bring him off the bench so he can spark the second unit offensive and not take shots away from LeBron/Love. Imagine how great the Cavs offense would be with a 3 and D guy like Danny Green playing the 2.

That's what they want Dion to be, but clearly he's not willing to do it -- apparently because he's too stupid to understand why it's necessary.

I agree with the Waiters sentiments you folks have expressed. He is far to focussed on being the MAN as opposed to "what can I do to help this team win"?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom