Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Watching the replay of this Minn-Toronto game. Poeltl looks good. They're going to have a hell of a frontcourt.

Tomorrow Tyus will play the Summer League equivalent of 2015 UK except with Notre Dame and Maryland players. And he'll be doing it on a team that's the Summer League equivalent of Hofstra. If he pulls it off it will be his greatest accomplishment as a basketball player.

JR Smith wants $15M/year from Cleveland. That seems crazy, but maybe that's what a 11-12 ppg SG gets these days.

Also, I can't believe he's only 30. He was averaging double figures in the NBA 11-12 years ago. That's wild. He probably could have been a perennial max contract, All-NBA type of guy if that'd been an important goal to him.

He strikes me as the embodiment of the absurdly naturally gifted athlete who made hundreds of millions just coasting through his life and never really GAFing about much other than enjoying himself. Must be a nice ride.

I love him. He's a fuck up, but he's my fuck up.

I also think he has a genuinely good heart. Not sure I feel the same about DeMarcus Cousins, who seems like he might murder someone at any minute.

Go Miles! Not egrergious given what Mozgov's making. Here's to Kidd continuing to increase his PT (would help if they could deal Monroe).

Still hope someone gives Ryan Kelly some guaranteed money. It's not his fault the Lakers brought in an idiot coach for two years to tank, and Ryan was made to play SF.

Mason will be making 33% more than Kyrie once he gets extended next year. Any male human being at or near 7 feet tall between the ages of 21 and 35 with no handicaps has no excuse not to be making eight figures.

Marshall Plumlee is basically the worst case scenario for someone with the natural athletic gifts to make a max salary in the NBA. His wingspan and lack of basketball skill will test the limits of what NBA teams are willing to pay young athletic giants. I think he gets 4 years $60 million at some point.

Turns out he wasn't shit-talking Quinn. Quinn was doing his hype man thing. All our guys just love MSU now. Capel to MSU.

Overall Tyus had a poor shooting game, but he hit some absurdly difficult runners (and the 30' bomb)

Well, at least Tyus was still awesome. Not like anyone really cares who wins the summer league anyway.

I wonder what Tyus's ceiling is. He's both small and not super athletic, which makes me a little concerned about his durability and conditioning as a full-time PG in an 82+ 48-minute game NBA season. I guess Steph Curry does it, but he sure hits the ground a lot less than Tyus.

It almost seem like leading a second unit and finishing games should be his niche. Maybe being paired with Rubio isn't the worst thing for him.

I just wish Minn would move one of Rubio or Dunn, unless they plan to play them together. I'm not sure you can, though. Defensively it works great, but Minn was already challenged in 3pt shooting. Rubio will never be a shooter and I imagine Dunn as a 32-35% guy.

If you bring Dunn off the bench, that's probably good for the team but it means Tyus never plays.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom