Mirotic for sale.

Really good numbers this year. Age 26. One more bargain year on contract after this at $12-13 million (team option). I'd expect Detroit or Portland to be willing to give up an unprotected 1st this year. Utah probably needs to protect through 10th-12th.

Way to go Marcus & Kyrie:

"On a night the Shamrock Foundation raised more than $1 million for its charities, the big-ticket prize was a chance to join the Celtics on their weeklong trip to London, including Thursday's game against the Philadelphia 76ers.

James Pallotta, a member of the Celtics' executive board and co-owner of Italian soccer club A.S. Roma, won the live auction with a bid of $45,000. Pallotta huddled with Celtics TV play-by-play legend Mike Gorman, the emcee for the night, and it was announced that the trip would go to the Dubois family.

Celtics newcomer Kyrie Irving, on stage at the time, offered to match Pallotta's $45,000 donation and said he'd also provide game gear from the team's overseas voyage."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...attle-forged-marcus-smart-unlikely-friendship

Reactions: TyusStones5
I listen to a lot of CLNS media. Those guys really have a hardon for Ayton or Bamba. I've seen exactly one of them argue in favor of drafting Bagley. Hopefully Ainge doesn't agree.

Oh my god, they actually made a movie about that massively egocentric 'dear basketball' letter that Kobe allegedly wrote? And they have commercials for it?

Biggest ego in NBA history. Not sure about sports history but it must be up there

I am not saying Ayton won't be a better defender than Bagley, ftr. Who knows? I think Bagley has more potential as a switchable perimeter defender whereas Ayton has more potential as a rim protector. They both suck atm.

If you value defense, draft Bamba, I guess. But I think he has the lowest floor of the three.

Last point: my post wasn't about whether Celtics fans were right or not anyway. It was about what I hope happens.

The fit with current personnel just seems off to me, on both ends of the floor. Next to a 4 like Tatum, I think the Celtics need a big man who can protect the rim, play physically, pass and screen well, and score as roll/pop man.

The fit with current personnel just seems off to me, on both ends of the floor. Next to a 4 like Tatum, I think the Celtics need a big man who can protect the rim, play physically, pass and screen well, and score as roll/pop man.
Besides "play physically," I think you just described Al Horford.

Reactions: torontoduke
I mean, I'm probably guilty of being myopic or unimaginative regarding other possibilities, but I think Horford and Baynes are both perfect 5s in Boston. However they're both 31, and Baynes is on a one-year deal, and a big would be a great use of their pick.

I'm on the record as saying Wendell would be perfect in Boston. Now, the Celtics only have a lottery pick if it ends up being #2 through #6, and that may be high for him, but Danny Ainge has made the right call before.

I also think Carter might be the best fit. But yeah, I don't see them taking him 2-6 (though Ainge has made some unconventional moves before).

I imagine it wouldn't be that hard to get a young rotation player out of Phoenix or Utah for the right to swap their late lottery picks with the Celtics pick if he wanted to go that route.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil