Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NC State at Duke - Thu, Feb 7, 9:00pm ACCN/ESPN3

Did Amile wear his honorary Hairston hands in Jiggy's absence? Bobbled several balls tonight I would have expected him to catch.

Did K do the blow-by handshake with Gottfried? It looked like he shook his hand, but didn't open his mouth, just looked at him, then did the "good game" thing or w/e with everyone after him.

rome8180 said:
More important question: who wants to?

I wanted to read what they were saying about the "chant" after that troll showed his face on TDD.

rome8180 said:
The pass Sulaimon whips inside to put Duke up 22-6...amazing catch by Plumlee, but most of all an amazing find by Sheed. He's been doing that all year. Not acknowledged enough. I can't remember a SG more in tune with our bigs. So many wrap-around passes in the lane, etc.
He really fired that ball.

My favorite pass of the night was even earlier when Quinn threaded the needle with a bouce pass on the break for the Mason dunk. My seats are in perfect position to see that play develop and I have no idea how he squeezed it in there.

Yeah, that one was awesome as well. Really got things started off right.

aiw said:
rome8180 said:
More important question: who wants to?

I wanted to read what they were saying about the "chant" after that troll showed his face on TDD.

Basically their thread on it is a back and forth between State fans that refuse to believe anything was said other than something about his grandma. The other half are actually saying it is a non issue because they heard the chant as it was, "past your bedtime".

The better thread is their one freaking out about the refs and how irate they are over the 5th foul on Howell where, in their minds, there was no contact even with the videio showing them that there was clearly contact.

Gottfried on the foul situation. Doesn't sound particularly upset about it:

On playing through foul trouble:
“It’s hard, but they went right at us and I thought we were trying to go right at them inside. So it’s difficult but I don’t think really until the last couple of minutes – maybe the last two minutes of the game – I don’t really think it was an issue for us.”

Good. I mean, our 2 PGs had 2 fouls each 5 minutes into the game. You have to adjust. We ended up with 4 guys with 4 fouls, just happened that we fouled them at the right time and they fouled us while shooting.

aiw said:
Good. I mean, our 2 PGs had 2 fouls each 5 minutes into the game. You have to adjust. We ended up with 4 guys with 4 fouls, just happened that we fouled them at the right time and they fouled us while shooting.

We also helped ourselves by not contesting any of their shots in the second half.

But is it? Just because the stat sheet says that NCSU had one more foul doesn't mean it's true.

I don't know about all that. Ask Shane Ryan. My post was in reference to the post before that about us helping ourselves from a foul perspective by not playing defense

Copied from Laura Keely's postgame thoughts and reactions:

***Speaking of the crowd in Cameron, there seems to be some confusion about a particular Cameron Crazies cheer—or should I say, an imaginary cheer—directed at Tyler Lewis. In the second half, when Lewis was at the free throw line, the students chanted, "past your bedtime."

I'd suspect that's because Lewis, a freshman, is a shorter guy, listed at 5-11. And hey, when you're already young and standing next to people about a foot taller than you, you can look childlike.

I actually sent out a Tweet when this happened. Check the time stamp.

(screengrab of her tweet)

For reasons unknown, though, some Internet folks have decided that the Crazies were really saying, "How's your Grandma?" in reference to Lewis' grandmother that died last week. That's just false.

There was no such chant.

But the Internet never let a fact get in the way of a story, and people have put out a Youtube video that allegedly supports their claim. It doesn't because that cheer never happened. I actually asked five other sportswriters if they heard the Grandma cheer. None of them did.

I didn't know Curry went on a personal 10-2 run against State to close the first half. Lol.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom