Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NFL Pick 'em 2014 - Week 17

Re: NFL Pick 'em 2014 - Week 12

DurhamSon said:
FYI not doing the thanksgiving games this week, only the sunday ones

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO MAKE MY HOMER PICK???

Re: NFL Pick 'em 2014 - Week 12

-13 over the last two weeks. Seems like this happened to me last season, too - stayed in decent position most of the year then went in the shitter in the last third of the season.

Re: NFL Pick 'em 2014 - Week 13

No penaltys today for not participating, but get your picks in within the next hour

Re: NFL Pick 'em 2014 - Week 13

omg...I'm like -18 in the last 2 weeks. Now I'm sad. Lhys is happy, though.

Re: NFL Pick 'em 2014 - Week 14

Lol how bad the panthers are and yet i still expect Saints to cover

edit: added MNF game

Packers/Falcons?

I think I know how SM makes his picks.

SM, don't read this list until after you've made your picks, if you ever read it at all:

My guesses at his:
Baltimore (+3) @ Miami. Ravens
Pittsburgh (+3) @ Cincinnati. Steelers
Indianapolis (-3.5) @ Cleveland. Browns
Houston (-6) @ Jacksonville. Jaguars
N.Y. Giants (+1) @ Tennessee. Titans
Carolina (+10) @ New Orleans. Panthes
Tampa Bay (+10) @ Detroit. Bucs
St. Louis (-3) @ Washington. Redskins
N.Y. Jets (+5.5) @ Minnesota. Jets
Buffalo (+10) @ Denver. Bills
Kansas City (-1) @ Arizona. Cardinals
San Francisco (-8) @ Oakland. Raiders
Seattle (+1) @ Philadelphia. Seahawks
New England (-4) @ San Diego. Chargers
Atlanta (+13) @ Green Bay. Falcons

I bet I get 12/15 at minimum

I copy/paste and then run through them without looking at anything, so not much of a system. If a spread gives me an immediate reaction of "that's wrong," I go in the opposite direction of what I feel. Other than that I like teams that were blown out the previous week, home underdogs and big underdogs anywhere.

+9 on the season... I think I would've lost overall this season due to the house cut of the winnings if I bet real money on those picks, which makes me happy.

Ah well, schedule posted too late for me to make picks in time.

Re: NFL Pick 'em 2014 - Week 15

Shav could have paid off all his outstandings debts if he had just opened an account with a vegas book to start the year

I will probably come back down to earth a bit. But if I had to make two huge sports bets since the summer it would have been Georgia Tech -4 against Duke in football and Wisconsin -3.5 against Duke in basketball. So I am glad I don't have an account right now.

Not going to be able to make any more picks as long as they're posted this late. I just don't stay up late enough on Saturday or check early enough on Sunday mornings, so just go ahead and chalk me up for minus-whatever the rest of the way.

-11 already. Amazing. It takes just as much luck to pick as poorly as I have this season as it does to pick well.

DurhamSon said:
-11 already. Amazing. It takes just as much luck to pick as poorly as I have this season as it does to pick well.
So you're saying I could end up not finishing last, then? :P

If I were to finish better than plus 25 next year, I'd be OK betting real money in year 3. I would probably lose in year 3, and that would be the end of it.

No real system. I watch Red Zone every week which gives me what I think is the best possible feel for the teams as a whole without watching full games. If you take a look at the NFC especially, there really is very little parity. I haven't been scared off by large lines this season, because I think the gap between the best ten teams and the worst ten teams is larger than it's been in a long time. So if there's been a general theme to this season and my betting, it's been riding favorites. This ordinarily won't work but this year it has been a good strategy and has made bettors a lot of money. I also like to go with reasonably good teams coming off of bad losses.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom