Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NFL

Texans play the Jaguars this week - yet another horrible game I'll force myself to watch. Such a chore watching this shitty Texans team.

And there was a not-insignificant number of fans who thought re-signing this moron would've been a good idea:

Last edited by a moderator:
Richard Sherman has a legitimately good and intelligent excuse for roughing the Bills kicker (which wasn't flagged):
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1801 ... -carpenter

Sherman maintained that he was simply playing to the whistle, and replays show the whistle was not blown until after the collision took place.

"There was no whistle," Sherman said Wednesday. "So the league goes back and hindsights everything and says this and says that because they want to appease the fans, but I know the rulebook, and I know exactly what I was doing on the play. It's very similar to a free play for all the uninformed people out there. If you watch Aaron Rodgers or any team, they draw a team offside, and if a guy comes scot-free at the quarterback and he's about to get hit in the face, the refs will usually blow it dead then so the quarterback doesn't get hit. But if a guy's not coming scot-free, they'll let the play go on, and a lot of teams score touchdowns like that. They were doing the same thing. If the kick would have gone through, they would have said good kick, declined the penalty, field goal good. They've got three points. But they didn't blow the ball dead until he kicked it, so that is what it is."

I completely agree with what he did, now that I know there was no whistle, unless he was going for the knee instead of the ball. I don't think there's any clear indication he was trying to injure.

Brock Osweiler is still fucking horrible, not even 100 yards passing today but Texans win 24-21. 6-3 despite being the biggest pretenders in the NFL.

So hypnotic.

Also pretty amazing how little of an impact a full-grown man running straight into Joseph's torso makes on him. NFL players are terrifying.

I have suspicions about corruption in football now that we've seen this game in Mexico City.

There is no other explanation for that review. Somebody is getting paid.

I'm glad I decided to do something other than watch the Texans tonight, it just sounds like I would have been pissed. I'm in a good mood, I don't even want to watch the controversial plays.

NCCUknow said:
I have suspicions about corruption in football now that we've seen this game in Mexico City.

Are you talking about the Hopkins play? Where he stepped out of bounds? Or did something happen later in the game?

ZackM said:
NCCUknow said:

Are you talking about the Hopkins play? Where he stepped out of bounds? Or did something happen later in the game?

From what I read there was at least one other controversial play. In the 4th supposedly the Texans got stopped on 4th down but on replay it looked like he got it. Ended up being an inch short so turnover on downs. I may have read wrong but supposedly the 3rd down spot was really bad too but they didn't challenge it. Did not see the Hopkins play but from reading twitter the Texans thought he was inbounds. I didn't see so no idea.

It only took 7 games of Osweiler to break me, I just do not want to watch him. If I have another option I'd rather do that than watch his 3 yard passes on 3 and 10.

CK86 said:
ZackM said:
NCCUknow said:

From what I read there was at least one other controversial play. In the 4th supposedly the Texans got stopped on 4th down but on replay it looked like he got it. Ended up being an inch short so turnover on downs. I may have read wrong but supposedly the 3rd down spot was really bad too but they didn't challenge it. Did not see the Hopkins play but from reading twitter the Texans thought he was inbounds. I didn't see so no idea.

It only took 7 games of Osweiler to break me, I just do not want to watch him. If I have another option I'd rather do that than watch his 3 yard passes on 3 and 10.

I saw the Hopkins play. The commentator kept saying he was inbound, but one of the replays from behind (that they only showed once) clearly showed him stepping out.

Saw photo of Hopkins play, does look like he was out of bounds.

Like all of one cleat. Soooooo close.

The 3rd and 4th down spot late in the game screwed the Texans over, too. I was really surprised O'Brien didn't challenge, and sure enough, the Raiders went ahead and scored.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom