Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NFL

I don't care about the Hopkins play (well, I do, but that wasn't suspicious... just bad judgment).

I'm talking about the Refs giving the Texans three straight bad spots in the fourth on their last drive. They went for it on Fourth down and got it by a half yard. Replays showed it clear as day. Announcers agreed and started to move down to announcing for 1st down. But the same side judge who made the previous two spots, made another ridiculous spot. Then there was a challenge flag. Slam dunk.....nope. It was unreal. I felt like Trump was reffing, just telling me that my reality is a dream.

I thought Miller had the first down on the third down play... and it was a slam dunk on replay but O'Brian didn't challenge it. The fourth down play was a little less certain because Hunt kinda reached after he was down. So there was room for interpretation/bad judgement.

I feel like if O'Brian had challenged on third he'd have won... but dude, kick the FG.

Northern Ireland's Pat Jennings had one of the longest goal kicks around during his time. When they were getting ready for the 1986 World Cup in Mexico, Jennings was practicing scoring directly from kicks. He hit the bar once and forced a couple of saves in three matches.

All that to say......

dukeman92 said:
dude, kick the FG.
I was actually hoping to see a 60-65 yard FG attempt in that thin air.

Colts are losing by two TDs and have been stopped on 4th and goal from the 1 twice. Last drive was 19 plays and 89 yards and used over 11 minutes to score nothing.

I know it won't help this year or next but I would love if the Texans cut Osweiler tomorrow. Sure there'd be a huge cap hit but who gives a fuck? He's horrible and you're going to suck next year too, at least stop trotting this bum out every week.

Out of all the dumb decisions today, not going for it on 4th and a foot was unconscionable.

I honestly don't think Rivera has grown as a coach at all. He's making literally the same situational mistakes he was making in year one. 2 winning seasons out of 6, and we're going to be stuck with him because of a lightning in a bottle season last year in which we literally had no injuries of note outside of week 4 (sorry Bene, you weren't that good).

This guy just doesn't get it. I can't believe he's even saying this shit, whether sincere or not. And to invoke anything mathematical, when any kind of rudimentary quantitative analysis probably invalidates 90% of his situational calls.

Fuck, I bet we don't even have an analytics guy. I bet it's eye-test bullshit, all the way from Richardson down.

I honestly wish we hadn't gone to the SB. It probably bought Rivera an additional two seasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree. I think the same thing about Cut's coaching decisions.

We're about to ride Jeff Fischer, err, Rivera out through the end of Newton and Kuechly's primes. A coach who is 2 or 6 on winning seasons.

Elway and the Broncos owner had the balls to sack Fox one year removed. I don't see that happening year, some country boy 'old school' stiff like Richardson probably loves Rivera's background too much to make such a move.

Tank at this point. Better draft pick and greater chance for coaching changes.

CK86 said:
I know it won't help this year or next but I would love if the Texans cut Osweiler tomorrow. Sure there'd be a huge cap hit but who gives a fuck? He's horrible and you're going to suck next year too, at least stop trotting this bum out every week.

Romo Romo Romo Romo

Welp, we're officially mailing it in for the season.

Of course, given that we always play well in December, watch us end up 8-8 and play our way out of a high draft pick, which we will promptly use on a tight end or wide receiver or linebacker and proclaim it Gettleman magic.

Unless you believe in the Cowboys, it's anyone's Super Bowl this season. Except the Lions.

Sucks the Texans have the worst QB in the league so won't even be able to take advantage of the worst division in football much less NE losing Gronk.

Apparently, he didn't wear a tie.

This is real.

Fire Rivera.

He has to be done after this year, right?

Terrible decision making all year long.

Normally a coach going out of their way to embarrass your star for something so petty on national television would have the owner siding with the star, unfortunately I think old man Richardson gets a hard on for this disciplinarian crap.

The GMing is bad too, so I'm not sure how much better we can get with a new coach with Gettleman still running things. Almost all of his draft picks have not lived up to anything worth their value. KK (but not this year), Turner, and... that's it.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom