Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Other Sports

Teams with the most pitching win these regions, so Duke is about done.

Stacking insurance runs to make the inevitable letdown that much more painful. SM Odds are probably only like 15% win.

I never imagined we could win this regional, but if I had the last play would have looked just like that.

Duke baseball: 1 first rounder, 4-1 and still alive in postseason
Duke basketball, 4/5 first rounders, 3-1 in postseason

I don't even understand Duke athletics right now. Playoff baseball? Football Bowl victories?

Makes no sense.

I don't watch any college baseball, but have watched a couple of these post-season games. There are a TON of homeruns hit - it's gotta be the aluminum bats, right?

The bats were actually “deadened” around the start of this decade, and offensive production suffered greatly. I believe they did this to make the game safer for pitchers, but it killed offense. Then two or three years ago they moved to a flat seam baseball instead of a raised seam ball, and HRs have climbed back up.

Duke's Griffin Conine was drafted by the Blue Jays in the 2nd round yesterday.

Yet another elimination game for Duke baseball. Top of the fifth we struck out the side on nine total pitches. Then scored 6 runs in the bottom of the inning, burning through three of their pitchers. Have to imagine that it will get more out of hand since TT will have to save some pitching for the final game tomorrow.

Duke baseball is so resilient. They must have played a ton of true road games.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom