Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Politics

I think they're hoping with the convention this week that it will all blow over rather than waiting a couple weeks and bring it back up again.

Trump is helping all he can, with his comment over the weekend that Bernie is just an old kook, or words to that effect.

I'm still waiting for that B comedy movie moment when this happens:

Trump: And I tell you who else is ruining America - all these fat, lazy rednecks, living in trailers and driving big, loud stupid pickup trucks, buying clothes at Walmart and eating out at McDonalds!

Crowd: FUCK YEAH, those bastards, damned red... hey, wait a minute! Did he...? Was that...?

I don't know. He's also gone out of his way to try to gain Sanders supporters by talking about the "rigged' primaries (and tweeting about the leaked emails).

"if you don't vote for Clinton in this election, you are an actual idiot"

Prepare to be absolutely disgusted by the voting populace.

deepdarkblue said:
Trump is helping all he can, with his comment over the weekend that Bernie is just an old kook, or words to that effect.

I'm still waiting for that B comedy movie moment when this happens:

Trump: And I tell you who else is ruining America - all these fat, lazy rednecks, living in trailers and driving big, loud stupid pickup trucks, buying clothes at Walmart and eating out at McDonalds!

Crowd: FUCK YEAH, those bastards, damned red... hey, wait a minute! Did he...? Was that...?

He's also helping by being a proxy for Putin.

Trump up by 6 points in new CNN polling, done before the email leak happened.

All that work to rig the primary process just to position a candidate that consistently polled worse than Sanders against Trump. Why?

DurhamSon said:

All that work to rig the primary process just to position a candidate that consistently polled worse than Sanders against Trump. Why?

The electoral math still works out in her favor, and the national average of polls puts him up only .2%.

But it's interesting that individuals who refused to vote for her will be blamed if she loses. Not the people who voted for her in the primary, when it was already clear she was the weaker candidate. Not the party itself. Heck, the CNN poll shows Johnson polling at 8% I believe. Shouldn't that be a huge boon for her? He's bound to have drawn in more Republicans than Dems. And she's still polling worse.

rome8180 said:
DurhamSon said:

The electoral math still works out in her favor, and the national average of polls puts him up only .2%.

But it's interesting that individuals who refused to vote for her will be blamed if she loses. Not the people who voted for her in the primary, when it was already clear she was the weaker candidate. Not the party itself. Heck, the CNN poll shows Johnson polling at 8% I believe. Shouldn't that be a huge boon for her? He's bound to have drawn in more Republicans than Dems. And she's still polling worse.

It was always obvious that more Clinton supporters would vote for Sanders in the general than vice versa. The play was there to make in an election heavily influenced by populist rhetoric.

I deleted my post, NCCU, because I don't feel like getting into a protracted argument about it. I could type out my reasons someone might validly vote third party and not be an "idiot," but as a Centrist Democrat with a good income and no pressing crises in your life, I don't think you'd understand or be willing to hear it. Believe it or not, it takes Trump into account.

rome8180 said:
NCCUknow said:
As somebody who has voted third party before and believe in strengthening third parties, I'm veering closer and closer to position that, "if you don't vote for Clinton in this election, you are an actual idiot"

https://www.reddit.com/r/EnoughTrumpSpa ... h=4b7cf77d

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... s_why.html

You're certainly not going to sway third-party supporters to vote for Clinton with that kind of condescending rhetoric.

(1) I'm not really trying to sway third party voters on a message board. I only attempt to influence the votes of people I know and care about and only do so in person.

(2) I disagree with this. There are some third-party voters who will vote third party because of they are single-issue voters, extreme in their politics, or committed to the self-identification of somebody who rejects our entire electoral structure. Nobody is moving those folks. However, studies show that potential third-party voters who would vote third party as a simple protest vote are most susceptible to persuasion by framing their vote as a waste and boom to the party whose politics they oppose most. Of course, this is only effective in states where the vote counts.

Regardless, I'm not trying to persuade anybody here to vote in any direction. If somebody is undecided and wanted to hear best case on voting for Hillary, I'd be happy to give the case. I just doubt it would move anybody.

This was there on a platter and the Democrats have fucked it all up. Starting to get a little scared.

rome8180 said:
I deleted my post, NCCU, because I don't feel like getting into a protracted argument about it. I could type out my reasons someone might validly vote third party and not be an "idiot," but as a Centrist Democrat with a good income and no pressing crises in your life, I don't think you'd understand or be willing to hear it. Believe it or not, it takes Trump into account.

I doubt I'd disagree with many of your reasons. I encourage voting third party in pretty much any year and especially in states where the vote can be a true party-building or protest vote.

I just strongly believe that this year is an exception.

(And to drive home where I'm coming from- I've voted third party in elections several times before)

Yeah, as I said in my deleted post polling will factor in heavily in my personal decision. I'm in Pennsylvania, so I'll probably feel compelled to vote Clinton -- unless she's polling outside the margin of error one way or another.

I kind of wish I still lived in Illinois, so I could always vote whoever I wanted without qualms. On the other hand, my "pragmatic" vote for Clinton will have a bigger impact here than almost anywhere.

A question for the board that I'm interested in: what are the three most important issues/positions for you in voting for President? Try to rank in order.

I'm talking about both candidate qualities and policies. Please feel free to give more than 3.

NCCUknow said:
As somebody who has voted third party before and believe in strengthening third parties, I'm veering closer and closer to position that, "if you don't vote for Clinton in this election, you are an actual idiot"
Oh GMAFB

Too bad it's not somehow practical to get thousands of Democrats of means to move down to Florida for a few months in order to vote. The NY Times article I read this morning basically showed it was impossible for Trump to win without Florida.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom