Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pomeroy

It's gotten to the point where I care more about Pomeroy than I do wins.

I'd rather lose to Louisville 48-47 for the defensive bump it would give us than beat them 80-75. (Of course our offense would get a bump in that case, but I value the defensive rating more since I know our offense is good.)

I'm surprised our defense didn't drop at all. Wasn't able to watch the game, but must've been pretty fast-paced. 62 points to Elon seems high.

It seemed very fast-paced to me. But I don't know how to calculate number of possessions.

It was 73 possessions I think. Defense was right at our projected .84ish ppp.

rome8180 said:
It seemed very fast-paced to me. But I don't know how to calculate number of possessions.

Our avg. tempo ranking (can't remember the actual numbers) went up quite a bit, I think. At 101st now; I think we were in the 130s or lower.

Big hit on O. Nice movement on D. Stayed about the same in front of UVA, my wine-addled brain thinks.

I can't figure if a highly Luck score or a lower Luck score is good on kenpom.

aiw said:
I can't figure if a highly Luck score or a lower Luck score is good on kenpom.

Its irrelevant. It compares actual wins to expected wins. You're always "lucky" if you beat another highly ranked opponent.

1 more game until all the preseason data washes out and we actually have a good defense

Best Shot blocking teams in the country:

1. Kentucky

5. St. Johns
6. Louisville
7. Syracuse
8. NC State

12. Virginia

I remember being surprised last year that Anya was capable of even blocking shots given his fatassary

Better chance of winning @ Louisville than @UVA

We are on the short side of those 2 games only, but he expects us to go 27-4 (15-3)

Looks like we give up hardly any free throws, but they make all of them.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom