Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pomeroy

It's gotten to the point where I care more about Pomeroy than I do wins.

I'd rather lose to Louisville 48-47 for the defensive bump it would give us than beat them 80-75. (Of course our offense would get a bump in that case, but I value the defensive rating more since I know our offense is good.)

I'm surprised our defense didn't drop at all. Wasn't able to watch the game, but must've been pretty fast-paced. 62 points to Elon seems high.

It seemed very fast-paced to me. But I don't know how to calculate number of possessions.

It was 73 possessions I think. Defense was right at our projected .84ish ppp.

rome8180 said:
It seemed very fast-paced to me. But I don't know how to calculate number of possessions.

Our avg. tempo ranking (can't remember the actual numbers) went up quite a bit, I think. At 101st now; I think we were in the 130s or lower.

Big hit on O. Nice movement on D. Stayed about the same in front of UVA, my wine-addled brain thinks.

I can't figure if a highly Luck score or a lower Luck score is good on kenpom.

aiw said:
I can't figure if a highly Luck score or a lower Luck score is good on kenpom.

Its irrelevant. It compares actual wins to expected wins. You're always "lucky" if you beat another highly ranked opponent.

1 more game until all the preseason data washes out and we actually have a good defense

Best Shot blocking teams in the country:

1. Kentucky

5. St. Johns
6. Louisville
7. Syracuse
8. NC State

12. Virginia

I remember being surprised last year that Anya was capable of even blocking shots given his fatassary

Better chance of winning @ Louisville than @UVA

We are on the short side of those 2 games only, but he expects us to go 27-4 (15-3)

Looks like we give up hardly any free throws, but they make all of them.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom