Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pomeroy

Re: Pomeroy 2012-2013

I really really wish tempo-free ratings had been a thing during the 1999 season. That's my nerd basketball dream.

It looks like Florida fell from the #2 to #3 offense after their loss but maintain first in the ratings. Their defensive performance was worse than their offensive performance, but because they were so ridiculously far ahead of everyone else, they stay #1 in defense.

Kansas at #13. Where were they before yesterday?

I think 8ish

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
I'm just taking a jab at how nobody, not just Duke fans, considers Donovan an elite coach. I don't consider him an elite coach - his results since 2007 have done more to prove 2006 and 2007 were flukes than to show he's a good coach. But all of his recruiting has led to this incredible team, which has a real shot to be the most dominant team since 1999. Let's hope that like in 1999, the best team doesn't win.

IDK. Even though they are still high after the loss, I have such a hard time with this FL team. Rosario, Boynton, Young and Murphy are perfectly fine players, but there have been 50-60 (at least) more 'talented' squads in the last decade, many led by great coaches. Chemistry, teamwork, knowing your role, etc can all elevate the effectiveness of a good roster to very good or maybe even great. But I simply can't see a 15 year dominance type of performance when it's all said and done. I have to think there is a reversion to the mean. The raw material simply isn't there.

No one wins the Widow's Peak contest with Billy D, you gotta give him that...

rhfarmer said:
No one wins the Widow's Peak contest with Billy D, you gotta give him that...

Or Nerf gun wars. He certainly has his strengths.

deeyoukayeee said:
SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
I'm just taking a jab at how nobody, not just Duke fans, considers Donovan an elite coach. I don't consider him an elite coach - his results since 2007 have done more to prove 2006 and 2007 were flukes than to show he's a good coach. But all of his recruiting has led to this incredible team, which has a real shot to be the most dominant team since 1999. Let's hope that like in 1999, the best team doesn't win.

IDK. Even though they are still high after the loss, I have such a hard time with this FL team. Rosario, Boynton, Young and Murphy are perfectly fine players, but there have been 50-60 (at least) more 'talented' squads in the last decade, many led by great coaches. Chemistry, teamwork, knowing your role, etc can all elevate the effectiveness of a good roster to very good or maybe even great. But I simply can't see a 15 year dominance type of performance when it's all said and done. I have to think there is a reversion to the mean. The raw material simply isn't there.

I agree and most of my posts about Florida are half-trolling. They simply don't have the high end talent of teams we think of as dominant. No first round picks.

Those 2010 champion wasn't really loaded with high end talent.

Ken had our D #11 before tonight's game. I wonder how far we'll fall. State's offense is pretty good, and his numbers obviously won't take into account that their PG was out. So maybe it won't hurt us too bad.

physicsfactor said:
Ken had our D #11 before tonight's game. I wonder how far we'll fall. State's offense is pretty good, and his numbers obviously won't take into account that their PG was out. So maybe it won't hurt us too bad.

Their offense was #7 versus our #6. However, if there were only 68 possessions...Is that right? Where do people get possession numbers and how the fuck do you get them so quickly after a game? Or is there some easy way to calculate it that I'm missing?...Anyway, if 85 pts on 68 possessions is always awful. However, our offense apparently rocked absolutely ass.

This must have been what college basketball was like in the 80's.

rome8180 said:
physicsfactor said:

Their offense was #7 versus our #6. However, if there were only 68 possessions...Is that right? Where do people get possession numbers and how the fuck do you get them so quickly after a game? Or is there some easy way to calculate it that I'm missing?...Anyway, if 85 pts on 68 possessions is always awful. However, our offense apparently rocked absolutely ass.

Possessions= FGA-OffReb.+TOv's +(.4 X FTA) * The reason you use .4 is b/c 40% of all free throws end an attempt.

Shit, When I do that I get 71 possessions for NC State. What am I doing wrong?

burymeNCameron said:
rome8180 said:
physicsfactor said:

Possessions= FGA-OffReb.+TOv's +(.4 X FTA) * The reason you use .4 is b/c 40% of all free throws end an attempt.

Shit, When I do that I get 71 possessions for NC State. What am I doing wrong?

Maybe it was 71. I was just quoting someone on TDD. Might have been our very own Dr Klahn.

Fell to #21. Entering Michigan territory.

UNC's D up to #36

rome8180 said:
physicsfactor said:

Our defense fell from #11 to #21 after our 22nd game. Wow.

Really? That's incredible. Oh well. I'm just going to assume Ryan is coming back.

We're still at #5 overall somehow. Must have been a bunch of teams in the 12-20 range clustered together.

The good news is we're about done playing teams with any kind of offensive game until tournament time. Miami obviously. Carolina if McAdoo gets hurt or in foul trouble. That's about it. BC does well against some teams but I don't think the matchup is right for them.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom