Pomeroy

DrKlahn said:
UNC is a big time regression candidate, I wouldn't worry about them. They should be giving up like 6 points a game more than they are if 3PT% was normalized.

Maybe they're amazing at defending the 3 this year for the first time since Roy has been there.

I'm sure MSU being dogshit--as they always are during the beginning of the season--isn't helping.

I fucking hate Izzo on so many levels.

UVA is #3 offense #4 defense. Let's assume Justin Anderson continues to be a 60% 3pt shooter. They have the profile of a national champion.

I hope UCLA hires Bennett after this season. Worst case is UNC realizing how stupid "staying in the family" is for them and getting Bennett when Roy is finally pushed out. Second worst case is Kentucky replacing Calipari with Bennett after Calipari leaves for the Cavs (of the NBA) or Knicks. Third worst case is Bennett finishing his career with UVA. Imagine this guy with 5-star talent mixed with 4-star upperclassmen. Players with the talent to score easily, to go with his coaching. It will happen and it will be tough to deal with for Duke.

Uva hasn't been consistently great since the late 70's early 80's. I'd rather it be them than any other ACC school not named Duke. I can't see Bennett leaving.

One interesting thing is how good we are at not getting our shots blocked this year. Last year we were middle of the pack in that regard, but this year we're third in the country at not getting our shit swatted.

I feel like that's entirely due to cook, actually. Last year he was good for one or two awful floater attempts per game, but this year he's cut that out entirely.

I agree with this sentiment, though I'd also like to see the Pack be competitive Nationally more often.

rhfarmer said:
Uva hasn't been consistently great since the late 70's early 80's. I'd rather it be them than any other ACC school not named Duke. I can't see Bennett leaving.

DurhamSon said:
One interesting thing is how good we are at not getting our shots blocked this year. Last year we were middle of the pack in that regard, but this year we're third in the country at not getting our shit swatted.

I feel like that's entirely due to cook, actually. Last year he was good for one or two awful floater attempts per game, but this year he's cut that out entirely.

Also, swapping Jabari for Okafor. Jabari was excellent in the post, but sometimes he tried to force it up against taller players.

ETA: And Sheed driving less. Duh.

ND would be a holy terror if they could defend. Slowly gaining on us on offense.

Brey learned everything he knows under K.

DurhamSon said:
preseason ratings are washed out.
Are we certain this is the case? I don't see any way Florida is still a top-20 team in his system unless preseason numbers are still being factored in.

All influence is removed on the third weekend in January, which seems to be far too late for most people’s tastes, but I’ve suspected that it would make the ratings better if I left the influence in even longer. (This suspicion has been supported by Nate Silver, whose bracket-forecast model includes the pre-season poll as a predictor.)

http://kenpom.com/blog/index.php/weblog ... on_ratings

Someone on here said by 11 games in the influence was virtually nothing

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Based on all his blog posts on preseason weighting, the preseason ratings are currently worth 3 games. So 3/11 of Duke's rating is based on preseason. They burn out in January.

This is the post I was referring to. Probably my fault for misinterpreting, but I imagine the preseason influence is minimal by now.

Duke is at a 3-loss projection now. At some point in the past few games, they got over the 4-loss hump. They will need to get out of Virginia undefeated to get to a 2-loss projection.

Seems like he's playing around with the numbers a lot. Every time I check back, everyone's offensive numbers have gone up.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil