Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Randomopolis

DurhamSon said:
ZackM said:
Is the GRE really easy?

The standalone GRE, and not the subject tests? Yes. It's still high-school level.

Standalone I assume. I need to take it before applying for grad school.

Yes, it's easy. You should ace the math easily. And as long as you don't have a typical southerner's vocabulary like me, you should do fine on the verbal.

I suspect the programs you're looking at DGAF about verbal.

That said, flashcards for vocabulary. Lots of flashcards.

I thought both the math and verbal were pretty easy. A brief refresher course and some practice exams might be in order.

I just took a practice test and got 96% of the questions correct.

Good luck Z! I took my GMAT last weekend. Make sure you do at least one computer adaptive test to get a feel for it if you haven't done so already. Otherwise, I doubt you'll need too much prep.

bfactor said:
Good luck Z! I took my GMAT last weekend. Make sure you do at least one computer adaptive test to get a feel for it if you haven't done so already. Otherwise, I doubt you'll need too much prep.

I considered taking the GMAT and getting an MBA, but the GRE and Masters in Engineering Management seems easier with the same functional benefits for me.

Both of my brothers did the MEMP @ Duke. Feel free to reach out to Steev if you want to hear his take on the program.

I am essentially punch-drunk right now. Going to bed.

Ate at the new Freddies Custard and Steakburgers tonight (or whatever the fuck it's called). It was good. I love frozen custrar

Just took the Kaplan GRE practice test...

167 quant
160 verbal

Of the 6 quant questions I missed, 4 of them seemed intentionally misleading upon review.

167 would still convert to 800 on the old scale I think. Max is 170.

bfactor said:
167 would still convert to 800 on the old scale I think. Max is 170.

Yeah. Getting an 800 on the math part wasn't actually that hard if you were from a math background, I remember, because you could still miss a few questions and get it. in fact most of the top programs in certain fields, the median math GRE score was something like 795 just because it was so common for guys going into math/physics/engineering to get 800s. the subject test on the other hand, was hard as fuck.

Meanwhile, I couldn't crack 700 on the verbal. But I didn't bother because no program cared about it

mbomb i imagine as this savant who got 800

Looks amazing. Those are the same ones I would have gotten.

God, I miss chicarrrones. You can get them everywhere in Nicaragua. I'm definitely going to hit that place up as soon as I can.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom