Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Randomopolis

Yeah, we hit all the coasters in one day. That diversity was really sweet but it wasn't everything people were hyping.

Have you been somewhere better? How many times did you ride Maverick?

ZackM said:
I was always a fan of Aimee Teegarden on Friday Night Lights, but I did not realize she had become the most attractive person on earth.
Remember when I ruined her wholesomeness for you? That was great.

JohaadDBC said:
ZackM said:
I was always a fan of Aimee Teegarden on Friday Night Lights, but I did not realize she had become the most attractive person on earth.
Remember when I ruined her wholesomeness for you? That was great.

I'll never forgive you.

ZackM said:
I take it none of you have ever been to Cedar Point?

I was in the 1990s. Best amusement park ever. Magnum XL 2000 was the tallest and fastest back then.

You have to understand that the people excited about the Carowinds ride don't live in the desolate wasteland known as the midwest.

ZackM said:

Probably not but the gap between it and Kings Dominion, Universal, Busch Gardens isn't as great as people lead on.

Maverick was really sweet, that inverted dip was the first I've ever been on. That drag racer one was my favorite though, gives you complete tunnel vision. Though an hour wait for a 5 second ride sucks.

BTW, Cedar Fair Entertainment (owner of Cedar Point) also owns Carowinds. Carowinds has a million great roller coasters now and keeps getting better. Also, not outrageous prices (still high though).

Topher said:
ZackM said:

Probably not but the gap between it and Kings Dominion, Universal, Busch Gardens isn't as great as people lead on.

Maverick was really sweet, that inverted dip was the first I've ever been on. That drag racer one was my favorite though, gives you complete tunnel vision. Though an hour wait for a 5 second ride sucks.

I'm actually not a fan of Top Thrill Dragster. Maverick is just packed with an array of elements one after another...As good as it gets for my money. And Millennium Force still holds up after ~15 years. Gatekeeper looks pretty awesome, but I haven't been there since it opened.

Busch Gardens Tampa is probably my second favorite amusement park. Sheikra is killer.

aiw said:
BTW, Cedar Fair Entertainment (owner of Cedar Point) also owns Carowinds. Carowinds has a million great roller coasters now and keeps getting better. Also, not outrageous prices (still high though).
I haven't been back to Carowinds since about 2 years after Paramount sold it. The ticket price was to be expected, what really put me off was the general state of disrepair the park seemed to have fallen into (including the parking lot, which was simply horrible), and the food prices - even after taking into consideration amusement park markup.

I went to Carowinds a few years ago and remember it being much better than my expectations going in. That Fury325 is going to be awesome.

/fullcircle

dkst0426 said:
aiw said:
I haven't been back to Carowinds since about 2 years after Paramount sold it. The ticket price was to be expected, what really put me off was the general state of disrepair the park seemed to have fallen into (including the parking lot, which was simply horrible), and the food prices - even after taking into consideration amusement park markup.

I went this summer for the 1st time in 10 years or so. They've taken really good care of it. The bathrooms were kinda terrible, though.

I think the new SI.com and Scout.com work under the assumption that everyone is blind. Is this where the internet is trending? 144 point font?

We may be the only two people left on the planet that browse those sites on a screen larger than 5".

Wikipedia rabbit hole ended up with me finding out Jennifer Grey is FIFTY-FOUR years old.

This is a headline on cnn.com. Made me LOL.

"Joan Rivers ill after cardiac arrest"

No shit.

Only slightly more reasonable than if it had said, "Joan Rivers' heart in questionable condition after cardiac arrest."

For a brand that built itself off of a simple, easy to use interface that didn't try to push anything on you, Google has been horseshit ever since they bought Youtube and went on this Google+/"One Account" rampage. Just had to open an old browser and clear my whole history/cache/whatever just to sign in on a differentgoddamn account. Maybe I don't want to link my old Youtube account with embarrassing videos of drunk friends from college to my main account with my real fucking name that I use for business stuff, you asshats.

I hate Youtube now. It's been ruined. Half the comments it won't even let you reply to. And like you said, they are constantly trying to get you to use your real name.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom