Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Rasheed Sulaimon

DukeNukem05 said:
Couldn't we have kept him on the team publicly, but privately sent him on his way and put Scheyer on the court in black face?

The jump in decision-making aptitude would have been far too obvious for that to work. Not sure Jon could tone it down enough to be a passable 'better Sheed'.

That said, this makes me really, really sad. The dude loved Duke forever, was an eager backup plan to Purvis and had a great freshman year. Seemed very smart and composed off the court. This is FAR more unsettling than any other departure I can remember.

I agree, but the reason it's unsettling is because he got booted. Most others were transfers who left of their own accord (for the most part).

I think it's unsettling because it's really hard to reconcile given his back story and general demeanor in interviews, as well as how appreciative he sounds in those interviews. The only real clues we've had are with that period last year when he was benched and his bitch face demeanor on the court. Perhaps last year should have been a bigger red flag in retrospect, and maybe even him shoving the Elon dude to the ground as well (even though we mostly all thought that was deserved). There's this weird bipolarity about him that is very hard to rationalize.

It is making me sad. There is no way that he is a worse person than Greg Newton. I refuse to believe that.

I feel attached to all our players, honestly, and am always sad when one of them leaves. That said, what I feel here really depends on the reason for his dismissal.

the only thing that feels gut wrenching is losing a kid who at one point was a huge, huge Duke fan growing up all his life so much that he committed super early during his junior year. It seemed despite his attitude problems, which much be massive to this point, he loved the uniform and program. That hurts to lose a kid like that

uncy12 said:
Is Adam Rowe generally considered credible?
I think he has sources close to the team, so he would be more credible than most. Could be some ugly news coming down soon, if credible.

He had a ton of good games. Not going to say he was some shit player now. Clearly a lot of natural ability. I was hopeful that he'd either learn to finish better through contact or to make better decisions in the lane this year or next. I always thought he was capable of being an efficient 17 ppg guy eventually (though he was running out of time).

He was so impressive as a player his freshman season. It's so strange how his career at Duke has unfolded. Very strange and sad.

Some poster on TDD saying he heard from DI that Matt Jones and Sheed got into a huge fight after the game and that was the final straw for K.

A poster on TDD heard from someone say that on Devils Illustrated? That may actually be the worst source of all time.

Sheed probably called out Matt for continually getting packed at the rim and Matt tattled to K about the forbidden sex Sheed was having.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom