Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Rasheed Sulaimon

With the inflammatory tone of the article, the yearlong gap between the beginning of the rumors and his dismissal, and the fact that it's Duke, I don't see any way this doesn't become a big national story.

Yeah - I have since looked up a couple of other news sites (Washington Post being one); aside from the allegations themselves, the period between when the staff were apparently informed (March 2014) and the January dismissal seems to be the focus. So they byline reads 'Duke knew about allegations for almost a year' which leads people to suspect some sort of cover-up by the staff/school.

Would there not be a period of time when the school would need to undertake an internal investigation like this?

I didn't realize what a piece of shit the NY Post is. It is like the Toronto Sun. I am sorry I clicked on that site.

Keeley is letting the Chronicle have it..........

Last edited by a moderator:
When I read the article this morning, I couldn't help but wonder how soon we'll see legal action against several named people in the story as well as the author of the piece. I never would've gotten that published in journalism school.

so basically there are two polar opposite directions this could all go that end at the same outcome:

1) Duke covered up for a sodomizing rapist - Fire K
2) Good academic student and upstanding member of the community, Rasheed Sulaimon dismissed from team based on unsubstantiated rumor and water cooler talk - Fire K

With only 56 students at each retreat, is being sexually assaulted by Rasheed Sulaimon one of the questions on the application? Either that or he assaulted so many students that it was statistically unavoidable to have at least one chosen for the retreat.

Gottlieb show to discuss Sheed issue within the next 1/2 hour, for those that can tolerate Doug Gottlieb

"Duke University is comfortable that they followed Title IX procedure" - Steve Wiseman, Durham-Herald Sun on Gottlieb show

torontoduke said:
"Duke University is comfortable that they followed Title IX procedure" - Steve Wiseman, Durham-Herald Sun on Gottlieb show

Headlines soon to read: "Duke University Comfortable with Sexual Assault"

I imagine Gottlieb was foaming at the mouth about this.

Cowherd talking about it, right now.

physicsfactor said:
Wow. And Cowherd doesn't like Duke.

Really? I always got the impression that he did. He is always referring to Duke as a great program and how the only reason people hate Duke is because they are consistently good.

The comments below the statement are more the kind of idiocy I expected from the general public.

Some additional info here:

http://www.heraldsun.com/news/blog/x127 ... s-properly

"Duke sources told the Herald-Sun that Sulaimon’s dismissal came as the result of a buildup of issues between he and the coaching staff during his two-and-a-half seasons with the team. The final issue that led to his dismissal, which occurred on Duke's trip to Notre Dame for a Jan. 28 game, would not have led to such action without the prior issues."

Sounds like the timing with the intern was total coincidence.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom