Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Rasheed Sulaimon

It worked out great for Duke. We would've absolutely lost to Virginia and lost at least one to UNC had Sheed been on the team, and we probably don't even get to overtime against FSU or VT with him hogging the ball and we lose those.

I'm counting 3-4 losses with him. The Syracuse at the Carrier Dome could've been different too. We started slow as it was. Sheed took the ball out of the hands of Tyus, and kept Grayson and Matt to limited minutes. Didn't Justise turn it on after Sheed was dismissed? Even before the move to the 4.

The whole team was so much better after he was kicked off.

At the risk of sounding sanctimonious, I don't get the people who feel no sympathy or empathy for a 22-year-old kid. I think we'd be a lot better off as a species if we were more empathetic. To be so quick to condemn without trying to understand shows a lack of moral imagination and it shows very little self-awareness (acknowledgement of your own capacities to make mistakes and even do severely fucked up things).

My lack of sympathy for Sheed is mostly due to the fact that I think his dismissal from the program could be beneficial to him. He's going to leave Duke with a degree and have a chance to join a team where he can make a bigger impact than he ever could at Duke. As far as the rape allegations, you obviously have to feel for him if they prove to be false, but I'm never going to be one to jump to sympathize with an accused rapist.

DurhamSon said:
ChibCU said:
Damn... K did him dirty. They must have really developed an awful relationship by the end.

Are you fucking kidding me?

To get kicked off of a team for only attitude issues and have your coach read a press release to you and that's it. Yeah kind of dirty.

They have no idea the 38% layups are coming

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless getting kicked off the team actually made him realize the faults in his game.
F Maryland for getting the good Sheed 100% of the time!

He was pretty clutch against Maryland as a freshman. Maybe they bring out the best in him?

rome8180 said:
He was pretty clutch against Maryland as a freshman. Maybe they bring out the best in him?
Nah, he fucked up the end of that game by making those 3 FTs to tie the game with the shot clock off. He should have known that Coach K wouldn't foul and would allow Duke to lose at the last second like all of us predicted.

He'll be doing his raping in college park from now on

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what sort of comments the Md faithful made about Sulaimon and Duke when the rape allegations were first aired. I guess it's all somehow K's fault now, and Sulaimon was an innocent victim?

There are a bunch of posts on scout, but I cannot access them (premium board).

deepdarkblue said:
I wonder what sort of comments the Md faithful made about Sulaimon and Duke when the rape allegations were first aired. I guess it's all somehow K's fault now, and Sulaimon was an innocent victim?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom