Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

rome8180 said:
Friday Nights Lights rewatch. I enjoy this perfect world with a coach who knows what he is doing and a team that cares.

More seriously, Matt Saracen is every Duke player who was shat on for years and went on to do amazing things.
That show is one of the most rewatchable shows ever. Just makes you feel good to watch a coach and team connect and play for each other. It's what I used to think Duke basketball was.

"Voodoo" Tatum embodies all that is wrong with the OAD philosophy. His name is even Tatum (though actually I quite enjoyed Tatum in the last third of this season).

Some will disagree, but I consider the last half of the 2000s to be the finest stretch of scripted network/basic cable TV that we'd ever seen (and are unlikely to see again).

As "The Wire" was winding down HBO's peak run, and before the streaming outfits got into creating their own shows, for a few years we had "Breaking Bad," "Lost," "Friday Night Lights" and "Mad Men" running simultaneously. And you could toss in the excellent early seasons of the American "Office" and "30 Rock" for good measure.

I realize "Lost" is a polarizing show, but still, those are four all-timer series showing up at the same time.

rome8180 said:
"Voodoo" Tatum embodies all that is wrong with the OAD philosophy. His name is even Tatum (though actually I quite enjoyed Tatum in the last third of this season).

Next year:

Trevon Duval: I'm not here to make friends. This ain't my home. This ain't my school. It never will be.

Coach K: Yeah?

Trevon Duval: I don't like the food here, the music, the weather. I can definitely do without everybody going on and on about the great history of Duke basketball. I'm here to get noticed, get recruited and get my ass to the Lakers. And you? You just trying to scrape by. Trying to win some games, make it to the second weekend for once. You and me are an arranged marriage. Nothing more. Now, you seen what I can do. You wanna start Alex O'Connell, you go right ahead.

Pantone287 said:
rome8180 said:

Next year:

Trevon Duval: I'm not here to make friends. This ain't my home. This ain't my school. It never will be.

Trevon Duval: I don't like the food here, the music, the weather. I can definitely do without everybody going on and on about the great history of Duke basketball. I'm here to get noticed, get recruited and get my ass to the Lakers. And you? You just trying to scrape by. Trying to win some games, make it to the second weekend for once. You and me are an arranged marriage. Nothing more. Now, you seen what I can do. You wanna start Alex O'Connell, you go right ahead.

I kind of hate how plausible this is :lol:

Pantone287 said:
rome8180 said:

Next year:

Holy shit.

That actor, Aldis Hodge, played MC Ren in "Straight Outta Compton" and was Janelle Monae's husband in "Hidden Figures." When my wife and I saw Hidden Figures, I leaned over and said hey there's Voodoo, but she didn't care.

I can't make my kids like The Wire. I feel that I've failed as a parent and as a human being. Such horrible people I've raised.

My wife never really watched The Wire but she can identify most of the actors at this point following years of having them pointed out in other things.

Pantone287 said:
rome8180 said:

Next year:

We started watching it again today and just got to this scene. I couldn't stop laughing at it thinking of Duval.

How can Simone Biles lose Dancing with the Stars? What's the point of this?

I would expect her to beat professional dancers after a few months.

Iron Fist is Netflix's worst Marvel effort to date. The fight scenes, which are supposed to be a crucial part of the series, are painfully bad. Like, high school drama class kind of bad.

deepdarkblue said:
Iron Fist is Netflix's worst Marvel effort to date. The fight scenes, which are supposed to be a crucial part of the series, are painfully bad. Like, high school drama class kind of bad.
The production for the show was rushed so Finn Jones (Danny rand) only had around 20-30 minutes to learn his fight scenes. Hopefully the fight scenes in the upcoming Defenders series are a lot better.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom