Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Travel

physicsfactor said:
MY IN-LAWS ARE COMING TO STAY!!! THAT MEANS I CAN'T DRINK IN MY OWN HOUSE! YAY!!!

Hahah, but you shouldn't your rules apply under your own house.

physicsfactor said:
MY IN-LAWS ARE COMING TO STAY!!! THAT MEANS I CAN'T DRINK IN MY OWN HOUSE! YAY!!!

My in laws were just here for 5 days. My wife was a combo of seething rage and catastrophic sadness. Im popping champagne tonight to celebrate their departure.

5 days??? Good gosh, man. You deserve husband of the year. I throw a huge fit if I have to stay down at mine for more than one night. My FiL is paralyzed and staying overnight anywhere other than their own house is a huge hassle for them, so I don't have to deal with them coming here very often. 5 days, though? Dang. I would be demanding unlimited bjs in the days leading up to the visit (always get them upfront [that's what she said]).

Rollins, I love my in-laws, but they are ultra-conservative Southern Baptists. You can imagine how lame my wedding reception was. I've been through it with them before about alcohol, and it's just not worth it since they are people I have to be friendly with until they or I die.

My apologies for hijacking the travel thread.

Oh her mom is the royal bitch of them all. Its shocking because my wife is basically her polar opposite. They will never stay here ever again unless they agree to stay in their rooms the whole time and never come out.

Actually, her dad is cool, the mom just sucks donkey ass.

Rollins said:
Anyone doing anything cool this holiday weekend?

Today one of the nurses asked me what my plans were for the holiday.

She had her answer when I looked confused and responded with "Holiday??"

It's just an annoyance for me. I'm in Illinois right now. All it means is that the buses will not run and I won't be able to go anywhere.

physicsfactor said:
5 days??? Good gosh, man. You deserve husband of the year. I throw a huge fit if I have to stay down at mine for more than one night. My FiL is paralyzed and staying overnight anywhere other than their own house is a huge hassle for them, so I don't have to deal with them coming here very often. 5 days, though? Dang. I would be demanding unlimited bjs in the days leading up to the visit (always get them upfront [that's what she said]).

Rollins, I love my in-laws, but they are ultra-conservative Southern Baptists. You can imagine how lame my wedding reception was. I've been through it with them before about alcohol, and it's just not worth it since they are people I have to be friendly with until they or I die.

My apologies for hijacking the travel thread.

Don't worry about hijacking.

After 3 years of my in-laws staying for Mardi Gras week, and me being forced to essentially ignore them by the end of their stay, my wife finally got the message, and they now stay in a hotel when they come down to visit.

VICTORY!!! :mrgreen:

Nice to get home and find it 20 degrees cooler than the sauna known as Orlando

Rollins said:
Anyone doing anything cool this holiday weekend?
Went to visit friends who just moved to a new job in Wallace. Went to Aquarium and Wrightsville Beach, hit Smithfield outlets on the way home.

Cute clothes for the kids at great prices? I can deal with the crowds.

Year-old scarves at an artificially inflated discount? No thank you.

Topher said:
I grew up in Smithfield, I hate that place
Oh, I can definitely understand hating it if you're actually from there. I used to have to go through Concord pretty frequently when I was living in Charlotte, and dealing with Concord Mills traffic was a pain.

JohaadDBC said:
Year-old scarves at an artificially inflated discount? No thank you.
Someone doesn't know how to pick out deals, it seems.

LOL. The Carolina Pottery. Holy shit I hated going to those outlets. And why, when there's a Wal Mart on every corner?

Is it really that difficult for people to see why others don't mind the occasional shopping trip to the outlets?

Well, in any case, excuse me for having the temerity to actually answer Rollins' question. As alien as the concept seems to some of you, we actually had a good time as a family just walking around. Carry on having a sh** all over that if you must. I don't care for Game of Thrones. Mad Men, or Arrested Development, but I also don't feel a need to add in some derisive comment amidst the collective hard-ons for that show. :P :roll:

dkst0426 said:
Is it really that difficult for people to see why others don't mind the occasional shopping trip to the outlets?

Well, in any case, excuse me for having the temerity to actually answer Rollins' question. As alien as the concept seems to some of you, we actually had a good time as a family just walking around. Carry on having a sh** all over that if you must. I don't care for Game of Thrones. Mad Men, or Arrested Development, but I also don't feel a need to add in some derisive comment amidst the collective hard-ons for that show. :P :roll:

I like outlets and Arrested Development.

If Cont still had gif-posting abilities, this is where he'd post Andy Bernard's "That was an overreaction" gif.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom