Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Trevon Duval

Glad Duval is tweeting this right after the game

Sorry, but this is the funniest fucking thing I've ever seen.

I bet approximately 0 people would have pegged Duval as a Black Mirror fan, especially after his play today. And then there's the whole timing of it.

Absolutely fantastic.

I can't believe we can hand pick recruits and don't even have one of the best 100 point guards in division I on the team. I mean what the fuck.

He almost did that thing where he’s awful until he somehow makes a 3 and goes bananas sparking a great comeback. But nope. He’s bad Rondo.

I'm not going to selectively forget his 35 or so minutes of shittiness in every game just because he manages to put together five at the end where he's not shitty. Bottom line, if he hadn't sucked for about 90% of the game, that miraculous five minutes wouldn't be necessary in the first place.
I'm not asking for a perfect player, just be consistently competent from start to finish.

I'm not going to selectively forget his 35 or so minutes of shittiness in every game just because he manages to put together five at the end where he's not shitty. Bottom line, if he hadn't sucked for about 90% of the game, that miraculous five minutes wouldn't be necessary in the first place.
I'm not asking for a perfect player, just be consistently competent from start to finish.
I hope that’s not what you think I was suggesting. I was anti-Duval before it was cool.

I hope that’s not what you think I was suggesting. I was anti-Duval before it was cool.

No, wasn't directed at you, but to the Duval apologists who continue to point to his two or three minutes of competence as an adequate exchange for his 37 minutes of incompetence.

Can we just space the fucking floor with Allen, o’connell and Trent and cut duvals minutes in half? How long could AOC possibly have the flu?

I read a clickbait article about some people who came back from a vacation some place and discovered they had worms in their feet. Maybe AOC has something similar. You never know...

The most painful irony of this season, if it does end poorly, will be O'Connell not being considered as an option to cut into Duval's minutes because then Duke would be "forced" to play more zone defense.

There's a good chance O'Connell's numbers are small sample size and bad competition fools gold, like Vrank and freshman Ojeleye. There's also a good chance O'Connell should give the coaches another legitimate option to consider, like freshman Allen.

He's not ready on defense, at least not in man to man. I don't think Duval is anything better than subpar on defense, either. I'd like to at least see what O'Connell can do in 20-30 minutes working with the starters against a good team. Maybe his gravity as a 3pt shooter opens up Trent and Allen for even more looks outside. It should definitely work better with Bagley and Carter. Maybe defenses treat him like a 5th option and he burns them as a true 40%+ 3pt shooter on high volume. I would like to see it. Anything besides ramming Duval down everyone's throats over and over.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom