Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2013-2014 Discussion Thread

Re: UNC Basketball 2012-2013 Discussion Thread

Thain said:
He just was on The David Glenn show saying he likes them more than Duke and State this year. He's trolling.

LOL

If that's the case, then I can't wait to read his columns on Duke and State, cuz that UNC one was not exactly positive...

DurhamSon said:
SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Regardless, if a guy who is capable of shooting 31% over a full season will be UNC's best player the following season, as Duke fans, I think we are going to be pleased with the rivalry this season.

Duke fans:
See a freshman UNC guard who shot 31% and a freshman UNC big man who shot 43%.
Pray for a series split when they're UNC's leading scorers as sophomores.

I think it just goes back to being gunshy and thinking about that 2011 year they statistically probably finished in the 97th% percentile of expected outcomes based on their actual talent and experience that season.

1st team all-acc caliber players from UNC since Roy has been there:
Henson
Zeller
Barnes
Hansbrough
Lawson
May
Felton

That's it. Is Hairston, a guy who will probably have to at least split 15 minutes at the spot with McDonald, going to join that caliber of player listed above in his sophomore year with a freshmen scoring PG and zero post guys to command double teams? It just doesn't pass the eye test in my opinion.

Sophomore year Ed Davis, which I think is McAdoo's ceiling this year, put up 13 and 10 and didn't even get third team. Unless UNC finishes 1st somehow I just can't see any of their guys getting freakin' first team.

Kendall Marshall wants to know what's up. So does Rashad Mccants.

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/iteam/mor ... ugh-travel

Tami Hansbrough

But, my reputation as a hardworking employee of the University, a committed fundraiser for the University and simply as a person has been wrongly and irreparably damaged. My family has loved and honored the University itself and we always will, but I hope there will be an official apology to me and my family by this (present) University administration so that my reputation and future can begin to be repaired and we all can move forward.

UNC responds to Hansbrough

UNC-Chapel Hill spokeswoman Karen Moon said late Tuesday of Hansbrough's request for an apology: "The University does not intend to respond."

NITStan ‏@NITStan

UNC test questions: 1. What sound does the moo-cow make? 2. Is blue a color? 3. How many piggies do you have? 4. Is a football square?
Expand

I don't know how often Roy would run it or if these five together could get any stops, but I think this lineup could be pretty darn entertaining for a few minutes a night:

Paige
McDonald
Hairston
Bullock
McAdoo

It's like the 2008 Duke team. They wouldn't board well or stop anyone, but they could fast break and launch 3s in a hurry.

New article will be coming out in the next couple of weeks re Roy and the other coaches getting to drive dealership cars in return for tickets.

The problem, of course, is that this goes on everywhere, and I'm pretty sure Roy doesn't have any eligibility...

Is that real or is that your "guess"? What was the deal with Kansas and tickets?

They can't decide if Joel James or Desmond Hubert will start, based on practice so far. Mind you, those guys will be responsible for at least half their post rotation this year.

I think that speaks for itself.

aiw said:
Is that real or is that your "guess"? What was the deal with Kansas and tickets?

It's real. The dealership-UNC relationship has been something that the News & Observer guys have been trying to get dirt on for a while -- though I'd imagine their research has related more to players driving dealership cars. If this is all they come out with, all they'll be 'exposing' is that fact that they don't realize that almost every program does this for its coaches.

Pumped as hell for the exhibition which starts in liek half hour. There is a chance we may suck but still excited for the new season.

5 minutes and we look like complete shit.

uncy12 said:
5 minutes and we look like complete shit.
Lol. Dexter at the two is not a great sign for you guys, unless of course he learned how to shoot.

JohaadDBC said:
uncy12 said:
5 minutes and we look like complete ****.
Lol. Dexter at the two is not a great sign for you guys, unless of course he learned how to shoot.
Dude we look absolutely awful right now. Bad weakside defense, bad offense. Not a good start. The one good sign is our bigs are showing good post up moves. Paige is weak right now. Bigger PG's are going to rape him on d.

Gentlemen, if Joel James can't even beat out Desmond Hubert, we Duke fans are going to have a very fun year.

DurhamSon said:
Gentlemen, if Joel James can't even beat out Desmond Hubert, we Duke fans are going to have a very fun year.
The bigs aren't looking too bad.

We still can't shoot. 13-10 Shaw 11:56 left in first. Smh... Joel James just got away with the biggest over the back I've ever seen lol.

For those interested Paige is not looking that great right now. His frame really hurts him.

uncy12, what is Shaw's tallest player's height?

We're all very interested. Keep updating.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom