Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2021-2022

How far will this team go?

• National Champions/Final Four

• Elite Eight/Sweet Sixteen

• 2nd Round/1st Round

• NIT or worse

Results are only viewable after voting.
Faith in the rule that the winner of the 2nd regular season goes further in the NCAAT is really going to be tested today and possibly in the next game.

Shouldn't even have happened. UCLA probably wins if this call is made.

this is worse than the joel berry no call charge. a purely objective missed call. ucla's win probability goes to 90% + is this is called out of bounds.

Guthridge, Tubby at UK, and Kevin Ollie are all coaches who stumbled into FF runs their first year (correction: Guthridge 3rd year was the fluke run), titles for the latter two, and two of them with low seeds. I’m sure there are more examples. Despite all that is happened I’m not elevating Hubert to the pantheon of a good coach nor condemning him as shit when it comes down to the Baylor OT massively swinging perception one way or the other depending on who won it. In five year we will know.

I can't remember if I posted this already but Duke not playing UNC in the Final Four, let alone tourney, is a fluke. Since K arrived we overlap with them on 16 sweet sixteen years, but some how only 3 elite 8 years (until this season) and of course just 1 FF. It's a fluke we haven't been in like, ~3-4 FFs by now. At which point you would have expected them to matchup already. And if the programs keep relative pace, I would certainly have the O/U over the next 42 years higher than 0.5, probably closer to 2 or 2.5 expected matchups.

Last edited:
It’s the game-winning play. This is a magical championship that UNC is winning this year. Tenacious victory in OT versus a 1-seed and then heroic shooting by Love and game-saving play by Bacot.

can’t wait to see what magic they have in store the next three victories.

Guthridge, Tubby at UK, and Kevin Ollie are all coaches who stumbled into FF runs their first year (correction: Guthridge 3rd year was the fluke run), titles for the latter two, and two of them with low seeds. I’m sure there are more examples. Despite all that is happened I’m not elevating Hubert to the pantheon of a good coach nor condemning him as shit when it comes down to the Baylor OT massively swinging perception one way or the other depending on who won it. In five year we will know.
Steve Fisher at Michigan

I have to admit it’s pretty damn funny that a 6’9, not particularly athletic, generally one way player like Manek is breaking the sport. There’s a guy or two like him on the third string of every bench in the NBA with his profile that’s only even there at all because he’s a super consistent 40%+ deep shooter. No one would think twice about it because without those shooting skills it would be known without having to say it he provides zero value otherwise.

But transport him to college basketball, and suddenly he’s a cheatcode and the difference between an NIT team and a top contender. Because somehow almost all college coaches can’t conceive what value is when building a roster, even when it’s right in front of them if they just watched one professional game a month, and so there’s only one in the whole FF, instead of one on every team like in the NBA.

Paolo is better at Manek at literally every facet of the game except just the one that matters most, and all it takes is Manek shooting 1.25x better on that one facet to make it such that Paolo is barely treading water as an greater impact player in comparison. Christ.

It’s like sending just one Abrams tank back to the Civil War or something, and swinging an entire war that way. Except in this analogy the tank has already been invented and in use frequently in Canada while the US is still using horseback cavalry purposely

Last edited:

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom