Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2022-2023

How far will UNC get?

• Final 4/National Championship

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Sweet 16/Elite 8

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • First weekend

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • NIT

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • No post season tournament

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
Beyond embarrassing to decline it. Also extremely weak leadership by Hubert

“North Carolina is going to show up”

Well unless we are preseason #1, lose 13 games and can’t win one of the games we need to get a tourney bid. Basically saying we are too cool for the NIT

I actually agree with their decision, from their perspective. Presumably the players already indicated to Hubert they didn’t want to, and there really is no upside. They would just be clowned if they didn’t win it all, and even when winning it they’d be ridiculed in comparison to the lofty hype they brought on themselves going into the season. Now their coaching staff gets a head start on clarity for their roster, and working the portal.

The NIT is a joke in the modern sport in a way it wasn’t even ten years earlier. I hope if Duke is ever in the position of missing the NCAAT again that we decline a bid too.

Well, a lot of fans think they should have accepted the invitation and played only the bench. Develop some of these bench guys for next year since they're going to have to contribute.

I like the idea, though I'm not sure how much development happens if you lose your first game because you're playing your worst players.

It does seem like the default move would be to take the extra time, like football teams do even if it's a shitty bowl. Wonder if there's a similar benefit of extra allowed practices?

It's also just seems weird to me to decline with basically the only reasoning being that it would be embarrassing to be there. Everyone already knows you missed the tournament - shouldn't it be even more embarrassing to decline something that would be potentially beneficial because you're scared of people making fun of you?

It's really weird they voted for this based on anonymous note cards though, like it's an episode of Survivor. There's player friendly, and then something like that process that implies a lack of coach control.

NIT field has a lot of interesting potential games for the schools that are in.

And I know that their NIL machine is top tier, but it would give me pause as a sponsor in the future if a player/influencer would upset some part of their fanbase and potentially pass on playing in a national TV game(s) in MSG against a bunch of top programs.

I thought the NIT moved out of MSG to Orleans arena in Vegas? The whole note card thing just sums up that Hubert isn’t in charge. It’s so weak. How much did these guys make in NIL money this year? Even ICs Greg Barnes and Rob Harrington are blasting Hubert for this. This for me is worse than the 8-20 season

That's wild. Seems like the type of decision you'd, you know, talk about and decide collectively. Can't think of any reason to do it anonymously other than suspecting guys are just checked out and want to be done, but don't want to be the one to say it.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom