Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2022-2023

How far will UNC get?

• Final 4/National Championship

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Sweet 16/Elite 8

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • First weekend

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • NIT

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • No post season tournament

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
Love is nex. Honestly most of these guys when recruited I was pretty meh on. Not the worst thing for a complete reset depending who they land

Still dunno how that asshole could be a 30% career 3 point shooter and yet feel like he shot 45% on 3s against Duke.

I would get it if Bacot averaged 25 ppg or shot 65% or something. But as it is, there are a bunch of big men around the country who posted his scoring numbers and FG%. I imagine many of them did it for teams that didn't miss the tournament.

His individual advanced metrics are great and eerily similar to Mason Plumlee's in 2013, so I kind of get it. Is it fair to hold him responsible for the team's general shittiness?

At the same time, he really seems to struggle with double teams and he got absolutely emasculated by Lively so its hard to take him seriously as an All-American.

His individual advanced metrics are great and eerily similar to Mason Plumlee's in 2013, so I kind of get it. Is it fair to hold him responsible for the team's general shittiness?

At the same time, he really seems to struggle with double teams and he got absolutely emasculated by Lively so its hard to take him seriously as an All-American.
Mason Plumlee's advanced stats probably aren't even top 20 all time at Duke. And that's with Mason having a 9.5 BPM, which far exceeds Bacot's 6.6. The 118 offensive rating is solid, but again it's not special enough to outweigh the team success.

And yes, it's absolutely fair to hold him responsible for that when he's supposed to be the best player. How was he not able to at least lift them to basic competency? It's not like I'm asking him to carry them to an undefeated season.

This is the standard that's been established for All-Americans. I want you to find me a single other 16 ppg scorer with an average FG% for his position on an NIT team that's been an All-American.

I'm not necessarily saying those should be the standards. I think they're reasonable, but if you want to argue otherwise, fine.

I'm saying they have been the standards for decades. And this is a conspicuous deviation, and it's for no clear reason except for a bunch of voters not wanting to admit they were wrong about UNC.

Freshman Big Hoss > Senior Big Hot tbh
Hoss did make 2nd Team All-American, tbf. I looked that up and was surprised to see it, since I felt he flew under the radar.

The more I look at his numbers, he might be the 3rd most impactful freshman in Duke history after Zion and Wendell Carter. I bet you if you asked the average Duke fan who was a better scorer, Hoss or Bagley, 99% would say Bagley. But Carey easily outstrips him in per minute production and isn't far behind in efficiency. The only player I could find who averaged more per 40 was Zion. He was also the only player I could find who had a better PER.

A example of the kind of exception I'm okay with:

In 2013, Erick Green was a 3rd team All-American despite playing for a terrible BC team. But he averaged 25 ppg on very good efficiency. He had a 124 offensive rating despite having 33% usage. He won ACC POY. Yet despite leading the country in scoring, he still only made 3rd Team AA.

Fuck Slater. No longer dispenses info and now going out of his way to help UNC?

From the Brendan Marks article on UNC's season that came out in The Athletic today. This isn't exactly inside info, but it's pretty incredible:

For the season, per KenPom, Love took 28.4 percent of the team’s shots while he was on the court — 4.5 percent more than the next-closest player — despite posting the lowest effective field-goal percentage on the team. He took 88 more shots than R.J. Davis, who was second in attempts, and 163 more than Bacot.

By season’s end, Love had missed 171 3-pointers; R.J. Davis, second on the team in 3-point tries, had attempted 174.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom