Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2022-2023

How far will UNC get?

• Final 4/National Championship

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Sweet 16/Elite 8

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • First weekend

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • NIT

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • No post season tournament

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
I completely understand why Hubert is doing this. This is a no win situation for him.

If he takes the team to the NIT and wins with the vets, the fan base is going to criticizing him for not winning the games that matter. If he loses, the fanbase is going to question his coaching ability.
If he plays the bench and they win, the fanbase is going to question why didn't he use his bench more during the season. Basically the only way he can come out of this without damage is if he starts the bench players and they lose.

I completely disagree. It's about the kids, it's not about Hubert. I don't know how you let the kids walk away from a chance to play more games, because for quite a few of them, it's all they're going to get.

Life is short man, lace em up!

If he really wanted to, he could have done a public vote. And then just take the players who voted to play. That way, everyone gets what they want, but you send a little message to the players that voted against it.

Maybe this is stupid for some reason, idk. You can't expect me to think out my posts before I type.

What is Tyle short for? Please don’t tell me Tyler. There are no Brians that go around calling themselves Bria

maybe i'm looking too far into it but these kids dipping the day after selection sunday might speak to how bad that locker room was this year. I'm assuming that there will be more transfers.

Love is nex. Honestly most of these guys when recruited I was pretty meh on. Not the worst thing for a complete reset depending who they land

Last edited:
Looking at Tyler Nickel's stats this year, and he was actually one of the few guys who could legit have helped their offense.

His offensive rating of 122.9 is the highest on the team of anyone who played in at least 20 games. Higher than Bacot.
Yes, you can say he probably saw most of his time during garbage time, but UNC did not have a lot of blow out wins and losses this season, as most of their games were at least somewhat close. Also, their other scrub bench guys like Styles, Trimmer, Washington all had ORTG under 100.

Nickel had some trouble getting his shot off but he had more athleticism and jumping ability than I thought. I think he would kill it at a mid major like Davidson

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom