Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2023-2024

What is this UNC team's destiny?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SJU is gonna be a force for awhile. The Vitamin Water guy, an SJU alum, is now ready to back them from an NIL perspective after the Pitino hiring.

Add Puff Johnson to the transfer list. Something just isn’t adding up. Every single 3/4 we had transferred with plenty of PT available

@uncy12 this is the first transfer that was actually on a path to get real minutes too isn't it? Hubert losing as many players per year as we are now, lol

@uncy12 this is the first transfer that was actually on a path to get real minutes too isn't it? Hubert losing as many players per year as we are now, lol
I feel like Styles is the one Hubert will really regret. Puff isn’t good. He shot 28% on wide open 3s, isn’t strong enough to play the 4.

Bacot and Davis with a blank canvas for transfers isn't a terrible place to be though. I dont really think Davis is best suited to play PG though. He seems best used as an undersized 2G.

You can't just expect to get like, three starting caliber transfers and three depth pieces. that's putting crazy amounts of pressure to hit on just about all of them, players that can shoot and play defense at the ACC level while trying to coordinate expectations for their roles (because presumably they want to be featured more than the school they came from, and know they'll be third fiddle to Bacot and Davis), and filling out starters makes it harder to sell anyone to come in for depth. it's the OAD model except you're gambling on midmajor stats panning out. it's an A+ season if they fill out the starting lineup with Cam Johnson and Manek talents, but if they are Garcias or Nances you just kicked the can down to next year where they lose even more off the roster

Last edited:
Yeah I mean I don’t know how good they’ll be and I don’t know if Hubert is savvy enough to look at efficiency stats etc. I do agree with others that getting rid of Love will help them on a net basis.

Leaky Blacks’s defensive numbers were legit elite. That one will be tougher to replace than it seems on the surface IMO. Nance was fucking trash. He might’ve played himself out of a two way contract by going there. Why anyone with NBA aspirations goes there is always a mystery.

I have to think this locks Hubie into another Iron 5.5 year too. The kind of transfer whose willing to come knowing they'll be behind not just the fifth year seniors, but presumably a trio of other transfers, is probably not going to be much better if any than the ivy leaguers we bring in to fill out the roster. And Hubert does't play those guys

I think the new one year transfer rental/OAD approach shows the importance of coaching which Hubert is horrible at

IC Admins seem very confident that a number of transfers who haven't yet hit the portal are very interested in UNC. Guess we'll see what happens once the NIL discussions come up.

At the end of the season, they'll just add him to the staff. He'll be there until he's 80.

Should hands down take the record for most losses in UNC history that likely won't ever be beaten. Per basketball-reference he's played in 52 games UNC has lost, while Leaky's number is 56. I believe Bacot can set an untouchable 60

Last edited:
Should we nickname him Dr. Bacot, since he'll be in college about the same time doctors are, or something?

Last edited:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom