Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2023-2024

What is this UNC team's destiny?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah seems that way. Looks like a good player on the surface but the advanced stats don’t really like him. Miyakawa rates him 900th in NCAA and he has a pretty low BPM for a big.

I think people will focus on the 36 percent three point percentage and get all hyped up because he’s a modern big or whatever. But it’s on 22 made threes in 34 games.

Gonna be tough to see unc go back to the final 4. Hubies brewin somethin down there.

• SadRoyface
Reactions: beo
This season cements that Hubie is a good coach and knows what he's doing. He's going to be an issue there for a long time.

He has the perfect college roster. It cements he understands how to use the portal. Too early to make sweeping conclusions otherwise given the very mixed bag over the last three years.

Not making the tourney last year is an all time bad coaching job. That has to be added to the equation just like this year‘s success must as well. Nothing is really cemented.

He hit the jackpot in the portal with Manek in 2022 and Ingram this year, and missed horribly with Nance last season.

I think at the very least he’s a generally competent coach who will be in Chapel Hill for the entire decade.

It appears UNC will have Arizona or Clemson as their E8 opponent, rather than Arizona or Baylor. Slightly better if you want them to face Arizona, slightly worse if you thought Baylor was some sort of a backstop (not sure they are?)

If Clemson continues beating down Baylor, the margin between the two of them is going to be small enough where it doesn’t really matter between Clemson or Baylor as UNC’s opponent. Also, given how this tournament is playing out, I don’t think you can rely on anyone but an ACC or Pac12 team to take UNC out.

I was encouraged by Bama finally holding a team well under 1ppp until I saw how bad Grand Canyon was from 3 and the FT line. They should’ve had 85 points.

One of Alabama’s best players apparently was ruled out with a head injury. In theory that would mean he’s not playing against UNC but Oats already said he’ll be good to go.

UNC is -3.5 against this trash team on short rest zig zagging from Spokane to Alabama and back across the country. And Oats is gonna make some concussed guy play.

The UNC ML is like buying Bitcoin in 2013 and selling when it hit 50k or whatever.

Who is opening their phone and betting Alabama +3.5. People are doing this because the line is generally steady in the 3.5/4 range depending on the book.

This team has been certified ass for a month. I am laughing at Oats saying that the guard with the head injury is playing though three days after being ruled out of yesterdays game (I mean was it not a concussion?). The SEC truly DGAF and Oats is an embodiment of it.

I mean UNC should win but always the possibility Alabama goes Bonkers from 3 and hits 16+. I don’t see how that guard Wrightsell is gonna play. Left the game with concussion like symptoms, missed 4 games this year with another concussion. That’s complete medical negligence if he plays

I mean UNC should win but always the possibility Alabama goes Bonkers from 3 and hits 16+. I don’t see how that guard Wrightsell is gonna play. Left the game with concussion like symptoms, missed 4 games this year with another concussion. That’s cit'somplete medical negligence if he plays
it's just a little concussion baby, not like he was an accessory to murder or anything serious.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom