Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2023-2024

What is this UNC team's destiny?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Objectively he should leave because, based on his FT shooting and past 3pt shooting, it’s very easy to see a scenario where he reverts back to being like a 31 percent 3pt shooter and falls completely off the board.

With Davis, it probably doesn’t matter. He’s not getting drafted regardless.

Just gotta hope a deep run in the tourney forces RJ Davis to leave after this year. He'll torch us next season if he comes back.

Really not convinced they have a championship-level offense.
It's bizarre, tbh. Admittedly, I haven't watched them much this year, but I don't understand why their defense is so good and why their offense isn't better.

Not only does this not fit Hubert's pattern as a coach so far, but it doesn't seem to fit their personnel.

They don’t. Ingram and Ryan are too inconsistent as shooters. They aren’t bad shooters IMO but just way too streaky. Ryan, Cadeau, Ingram went 7-26. Pretty brutal

They don’t. Ingram and Ryan are too inconsistent as shooters. They aren’t bad shooters IMO but just way too streaky. Ryan, Cadeau, Ingram went 7-26. Pretty brutal
Their 98th in 3pt percentage at 35.4%. That might be good enough if they weren't also mediocre from 2pt range (174th). And they're not getting enough offensive rebounds or drawing enough fouls to offset all that. They're just kind of average to slightly above average at everything offensively.

What's your insight into why the defense is top 10 @uncy12 ? Is it just really solid rotations? The 3pt percentage allowed could be a bit fluky, but it's not ridiculously so. They're also allowing a low 2pt percentage, which makes me think they're generally getting good contests all around.

What's your insight into why the defense is top 10 @uncy12 ? Is it just really solid rotations? The 3pt percentage allowed could be a bit fluky, but it's not ridiculously so. They're also allowing a low 2pt percentage, which makes me think they're generally getting good contests all around.
My take has been that for most of the year UNC has done a pretty good job of running guys off the three point line, and forcing them into mid range 2s. Most games it’s worked. Sometimes it doesn’t when teams like Cuse, State are consistently hitting them. They’ve contained dribble penetration much better than previous years. Bacot has actually been really good switching on perimeter. Guys like Ryan, Ingram are very physical. They’ve been fortunate refs for the most part have ignored bumps, holds. Even a guy like Cadeau who is way undersized is just scrappy as hell. The 3 point defense is definitely some variance

I guess not living in NC makes it much easier for me but I’m not really too worked about that game this morning. For all of my life, UNC has just beat the hell out of State. Eventually they were due to break through. That run was just insane and last nights game was such a perfect storm of UNC unable to hit open shots and State hitting everything they threw up. I’ll get a good laugh out of this nc state run keeping UVA out of the tourney

NC State finally beating UNC in a meaningful was nice to see. What makes it even better is that Keatts gets an automatic 2-year extension. This season, aside from a lucky 5 game run, is what NC State has and will continue to be under him.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom