Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Vernon Carey, Jr.

Laettner is the closest IMO, and he is frequently called the greatest college player ever. Carey's better.

Carey is just as effective around the rim as Brand, a better passer, better outside shooter and a better shot blocker. Brand was a far more tenacious rebounder.

Stop fucking forgetting about Gminski
I haven't forgotten about Gminski. I love Gminski. I think he's the best physical match up for Carey in Duke history, but I still think Carey would take him.

Senility has set in
Man, I appreciate your thinking Gminski is the best, I considered him before I made my original post. But instead of calling me senile, why don't you make a case for Gminski? I've met him and been on the court with him. He's an awesome former player. I just think Carey's game is more dominant right now. It's a shame Carey won't play at Duke for 4 years so we could make real comparisons of their respective careers.

And we need to clarify that this is against contemporary competition.

I am sure it was said in real time, but goddamn does Carey's dad look just like him.

Was Brand really a more tenacious rebounder? 10 rebounds in 30 minutes vs. Carey's 9 in 24 minutes.
Good point. I remember Brand being more active, but that's more a reflection of Carey's laconic style.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom