Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Vernon Carey, Jr.

Brand was also a good deal smaller for the position (though he did have an absurd wingspan). So maybe he had to work a little harder for the same results.

I agree that Wendell is good. I’m as big of a KenPom disciple as anyone but we aren’t seeing the whole picture if we judge a guy solely on his offensive rating. Wendell is a solid ball handler, he has great size, and he’s capable of creating quality shots for himself and his teammates. I think he has the best chance of anyone on our roster to develop into a great NBA player.

I'm liking Moore a little bit more recently. He still makes several mistakes a game, but I really like his ability to probe the lane with a live dribble. There's something there that I think can develop over time.

He's looks like Carrawell or R.J. when he's driving at his best (and not charging). I just never trust him to time the pass right (though he delivered the feed for Hurt's trey), so I'm just hoping for him to put it up.

For whatever reason, there's no media buzz around him. It's probably because there's no draft buzz around him. Both are weird to me.

Starting to see more talk about this online. Adam Zagoria recently mentioned Hoss' POY candidacy

Yeah, Bilas mentioned him as POY during the game yesterday. And so did John Gassaway in a recent column. I think the tide is turning a little.

If he played 30mpg he would get more hype for NPOY - there are a lot of players with better counting stats and thats what talking heads still babble about

Either he's in mourning for Moore or the NPOY buzz went to his head. The only thing I'd like to see out of Duke in the next one is for him to get back on track. It's not like he was bad, and Wake did a good job of collapsing on him on the pass. But he should be taking more than six shots.

Carey will need to get right against Clemson. It’s one of the worst matchups of the year for him. Their center is their best player and is a good shooter. 38% 3PT, 76% FT, improvement every year. Carey’s going to need to cover a lot of space on defense, which he was unable to do the last time he was on a stretch 5, at VT.

There are a few things working in Duke’s favor, however. Clemson just had the greatest win in their basketball program’s history, so they might not be too focused on Duke. Clemson students in general will be wasted and emotionally drained for the football title game the night before, and presumably the basketball players aren’t immune to that.

Still leading the nation in Player Efficiency Rating (36.32). Only two players have ended the season with a higher PER over the past decade:

1) John Brown (High Point) in '15-'16 with a 36.93
2) Zion with a ridiculous 40.84

Anyone notice he was guarding farther out than usual last night? I'm assuming it was just because their 7-footer could shoot a little? But he kept getting switched onto guards. He did a good job recovering, but it wasn't ideal.

I think the biggest shock I had hearing someone's voice for the first time was Richard Jefferson.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom