Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Weather Thread

So this happened at Harris Teeter today:

Sucks to actually need groceries when there's an impending snowfall in the area. Plus Senior Day at HT. Plus I forgot it was Double Coupons week, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even in Pennsylvania at the job I work people start stocking up on water, bread, toilet paper, etc. whenever it snows. What do they think is going to happen? Nothing shuts down here because of snow. Plus, all the buses continue running and the roads are well plowed.

In 4 years in Philly, the city shut down twice. Once for 9/11. The other was a 20 inch snow. That was fun.

Hmmm, looks like the brunt of this is moving towards Alamance County now...........

aiw said:
In 4 years in Philly, the city shut down twice. Once for 9/11. The other was a 20 inch snow. That was fun.
Philly gets significantly less snow than we do here. That said, this winter we've had very little.

We got less than an inch of snow here in the middle of the night, and some local schools are closed today.

To me, winter starts Dec 1st. Fall is Sept 1st. I don't care about this solstice and equinox shit.

14 degrees out and feels like 3. This is with the sun out too. Miserable.

rome8180 said:
To me, winter starts Dec 1st. Fall is Sept 1st. I don't care about this solstice and equinox shit.

Living on the coast, I feel like fall starts Oct 1st, winter starts January 1st. It's all aboit the water temp.

Wunderground just increased snow totals for tonight til tomorrow morning to 9-15 inches. LOL.

aiw said:
Wunderground just increased snow totals for tonight til tomorrow morning to 9-15 inches. LOL.
Does Weather Channel own WU? I always thought they were two separate outfits.

ZackM said:
JohaadDBC said:
CK86 said:
Jealous.

Your first Michigan winter!

Are you loving it?
I've gone through a series of emotions. The snow was kind of cool at first, but that got old fast. Then it warmed up last week into the 30s and I thought I was really getting used to it, and then it got down to the single digits and I hate it again.

First wave passed through. Sidewalk already slippery and grass in my yard turning white. Weren't supposed to get anything until after 7-7:30.

JohaadDBC said:
ZackM said:
JohaadDBC said:
CK86 said:
Jealous.

Your first Michigan winter!

Are you loving it?
I've gone through a series of emotions. The snow was kind of cool at first, but that got old fast. Then it warmed up last week into the 30s and I thought I was really getting used to it, and then it got down to the single digits and I hate it again.

Dude, It's supposed to be 45 degrees on Tuesday. You'll be happy again.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom