Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Weather Thread

With this hurricane about to wipe out entire cities and take dozens of lives, my thoughts go to whether this will hurt Trump.

You have to think almost all of the people who didn't evacuate are poor and uneducated, so 70-80% of them would be Trump supporters. The gap in Bush v. Gore in Florida was 537 votes. Therefore, all people who want what's best for the country, society, mankind, the world, etc. are hoping for about 800 registered voters in Florida to die or become physically incapable of voting due to this hurricane, for this to possibly have a real positive impact on the election.

That's what a terrible person would say.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
With this hurricane about to wipe out entire cities and take dozens of lives, my thoughts go to whether this will hurt Trump.

You have to think almost all of the people who didn't evacuate are poor and uneducated, so 70-80% of them would be Trump supporters. The gap in Bush v. Gore in Florida was 537 votes. Therefore, all people who want what's best for the country, society, mankind, the world, etc. are hoping for about 800 registered voters in Florida to die or become physically incapable of voting due to this hurricane, for this to possibly have a real positive impact on the election.

That's what a terrible person would say.

But it's Florida so, Hispanics.

Best case would have been if it'd ripped through the Florida panhandle. Plenty of good, red-blooded Americans in mobile homes over there. Clearly God is favoring Trump in this.

The storm is going to double back for a second go at Florida, this time directly at trailer parks in the Keys.

Things are starting to happen in Wilmington now. Two tornado warnings in the last hour around me, rain and wind becoming more interesting. And the center of the storm is still somewhere down around the GA/SC border, moving at around 12 MPH. I think I'll just go back to bed and stay there until Sunday afternoon. Or until a tree falls on my house.

That's what I did. Woke up to the tornado warnings. Said fuck it and went back to sleep.

Power went out at one of my son's apartments at 2 AM and it's still not back on. Duke Energy must really hate them.

Then he went to work at Harris Teeter, where someone took a shit on the floor on aisle 4 and he was sent to clean it up. (I told him that would have a good moment to say "Nope" and/or "You can go fuck yourself" to the manager, but he's too nice for that)

He's having a bad day.

WTF? My first job was bagging groceries. I honestly thought I had seen it all but that cleanup on aisle 4 proves otherwise.

A dump in the grocery store? Ridiculous.

Be safe, all. Pouring pretty steadily and somewhat hard in the Triad. Already found a new leak in my roof. Urgh.

deepdarkblue said:
Power went out at one of my son's apartments at 2 AM and it's still not back on. Duke Energy must really hate them.

Then he went to work at Harris Teeter, where someone took a shit on the floor on aisle 4 and he was sent to clean it up. (I told him that would have a good moment to say "Nope" and/or "You can go fuck yourself" to the manager, but he's too nice for that)

He's having a bad day.

Is he here in Wilmington also? If so that would have to be the Teeter on College Road.

Thain said:
deepdarkblue said:

He's having a bad day.

Is he here in Wilmington also? If so that would have to be the Teeter on College Road.

Wilmington, but Hanover Center. Probably some of that Forest Hills white trash.

Higher than Fran, higher than Floyd. That's kind of amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Power goes out just in time to miss tenn vs Texas a&m in overtime.

I haven't lost power but internet's out. And the wind is pretty impressive right now. Also, since when are hurricanes this cold? Temp dropped about 12 degrees in an hour.

deepdarkblue said:
I haven't lost power but internet's out. And the wind is pretty impressive right now. Also, since when are hurricanes this cold? Temp dropped about 12 degrees in an hour.
Eye passed right over you in Wilmington, right?

ZackM said:
I was forced to leave Myrtle beach today. They evacuated us.
Where would you have been at the beach, and where'd you end up? Saw footage on twitter this evening of the dunes getting washed out 2 blocks from where my family stays whenever we go every summer.

deepdarkblue said:

It's been a weird storm. Did you hear the thunder today? Admittedly I have never heard thunder during any of the hurricanes I have been through but apparently it is as rare as thunder snow.

dkst0426 said:
ZackM said:
Where would you have been at the beach, and where'd you end up? Saw footage on twitter this evening of the dunes getting washed out 2 blocks from where my family stays whenever we go every summer.

I just drove home when they said we had to evacuate. We were south by Surfside Beach.

Thain said:
deepdarkblue said:

It's been a weird storm. Did you hear the thunder today? Admittedly I have never heard thunder during any of the hurricanes I have been through but apparently it is as rare as thunder snow.
Yeah, I heard it a couple of times. Strange storm. And a little while ago they reported the flood level downtown surpassed Hazel, so it's a new record.

ZackM said:
dkst0426 said:
ZackM said:

I just drove home when they said we had to evacuate. We were south by Surfside Beach.
Glad you made it out. Springmaid pier gone, Garden City and Murrell's Inlet a total mess, apparently.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom