Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Zion Williamson

Sorry for being nit picky. The story ending on him saying that to his mom didn’t do it for me.

I’ve told my mom I’d do stuff, and said stuff would happen, but not necessarily in the manner she expected.

The Zion commitment really woke up some Duke hate not seen in a couple of years. And from fans of schools like UVA, Maryland, UCONN? What the fuck has your program done recently in a tournament setting?

There is another Avery/recruiting story that you guys may like.

Before he committed to Duke, he made a trip to Durham with his mother. He liked it so much he wanted to commit on the spot but K told him his grades were too poor to get into Duke. We'd love to have him but he'd have to put in some work in the classroom. Avery was mad but not deterred. Flashing some of that same bravado, he left the meeting with Krzyzewski and told his mother that he was going to Duke!

Another good one that I hadn't heard before. Thanks dm.

Might not be a bad idea for a thread... "inside" stories about recruiting. Actually inside stories about anything related to Duke basketball over the years (e.g. Coach K hanging up on Battier).

Finished the night with 37, 13 boards, 3 blocks, and 5 steals.

The competition looked terrible in the Twitter highlight vids, though.

He did have this beautiful pass:

Duke briefly looked at Bledsoe, but I think K choked on his wine when he saw Bledsoe’s transcript.

There was a rumor about Beal and that it was either/or between Beal and Rivers. No idea if that’s true though.

I think Beal was a real possibility since he had a connection through Carrawell at Chaminade. Mutually exclusive with Rivers, though, and we were all in with Austin.

Beal was and is a better player. Rivers committed to UF when he was like a sophomore, then opened it back up. Beal went to UF instead.

I think Beal was a real possibility since he had a connection through Carrawell at Chaminade. Mutually exclusive with Rivers, though, and we were all in with Austin.

That is what I recall as well. I like Beal just fine, but Austin had a great year for Duke (in spite of early exit)

Just a few quick things I learned this morning about the past 2 or so years:

- Zion went 10-10 from the field in the Elite 24 game as the youngest player there.

- Zion averaged 19 ppg and 9 rpg at Adidas Gauntlet. Shot 73% from the floor.

- Zion was one of the youngest players at top 100 camp and was named MVP in June 2016.

- Zion scored 51 points in last year's state championship game.

- Zion went 10-10 (again) with 21 points in 20 minutes at the 2017 Adidas Nations.

- Zion was ranked number 4 in terms of EWA (Estimated Wins Added) on the top performers list at the 2016 Adidas Nations. DeAndre Ayton was 2 years older and was ranked as the number 6 performer. Every other player outside of #8 (Matthew Hurt- 16 and 2 months) and #10 (Jules Bernard- 16) were at least 9 months older than Zion. Of note, Wendell Carter, Jr. and Mohamed Bamba did not make the top 10. Zion shot 82% from the field. TS% of 84.6. PER of 40.1. 76% on free throws.

Put all this together with the raving about Zion from everyone at the Team USA practices.

We are probably getting one Hell of a player.

Spent a great deal of time on Zion this week

Enjoyed listening.

Loved the speculative talk about Trent returning, but I have no idea who would come off the bench in that scenario. Maybe Cam Reddish as the sixth man? I agree with y'all that Zion shouldn't play the 5.

G- Tre Jones
G- Gary Trent, Jr.
F- R.J. Barrett
F- Zion Williamson
C- Marques Bolden

F- Cameron Reddish
G- Alex O'Connell
F- Javin DeLaurier

I think the likelihood of this is slim but worth looking at.

If Trent Jr returns the starting line-up would have to be:

Jones-Trent Jr-Barrett-Reddish-Zion

AOC, Javin, Bolden off of the bench.

That team could legitimately go for undefeated imo.

I don't think there's any question of how good Zion was 1-2 years ago. I am a little concerned about the possibility of him having a (less extreme) 7th Woods type of regression though, especially with his fatness. He definitely looked less explosive than he used to in that TV game from a couple weeks ago.

I think someone said he'd been hurt, so hopefully he gets back in shape and gets it back.

In the highest leverage possessions, I guarantee K will not play Bolden over the #1 or #2 NBA prospect in the world, if that's the decision that needs to be made. The Warriors may start Zaza, but when they actually need their best to beat someone, it's Draymond at the 5. This is a man who played Kyle Singler at center for most of his freshman minutes, ahead of the curve.

Last edited:
Yeah, Reddish is not coming off the bench. GMAFB. Zion will play the 5. Not even sure why someone would say he shouldn't.

If Trent Jr returns the starting line-up would have to be:

Jones-Trent Jr-Barrett-Reddish-Zion

AOC, Javin, Bolden off of the bench.

That team could legitimately go for undefeated imo.

Yeah at least until the @(insert random middle of the pack acc school) game on January 5th.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom