Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Zion Williamson

giphy.gif

What's the most shocking recruitment for you guys? One for a guy we landed and one for a guy we missed out on.

This recruitment was the biggest shock of any recruit we've signed.

Biggest miss was obviously Harry but I have Boynton not far behind.

I didn't expect us to land: 1) Zion 2) Bagley 3) Shavlik 4) Ingram.

I expected us to land but we missed: 1) Barnes 2) Jared Jeffries 3) Greg Monroe 4) Ndudi Ebi.

Also, kinda oddly since he turned out to be a role player, but I remember thinking Leslie McDonald was absolutely a Duke lock and being stunned he picked UNC.

Surprising Hits: Zion; Bagley; Lance (remember sweating that recruitment)

Surprising misses: Patterson; Monroe; Marcus Lee

Duke showed a little interest in Love, but they - and other schools - were scared off by Love’s dad.

Yeah, wasn't Love's dad pissed when K came out to see Singler but didn't see Love?

He went into Kevin’s high school gym and put up signs up about firing Kevin’s coach.

This back when the staff wouldn’t play ball with crazy parents. You know, back when they would tell a guy like Humphries’s dad to fuck off.

So Zion was actually born in Salisbury, NC and obviously his parents(former college athletes) are responsible for his extraordinary gift of freakish fatleticism.
“Zion is so easygoing,” said his mother, Sharonda Sampson. “He likes to be with his friends, but mostly he's a homebody. He likes to hang around the house and watch Netflix.”

Mom was his first coach
Williamson was born in Salisbury, the child of two college athletes. His biological father, Lateef Williamson, was a 6-5 defensive lineman who committed to N.C. State but who later transferred to Division II Livingstone. Sampson was a 5-10 standout sprinter at Livingstone, and the two met on campus.

The family moved from Salisbury to Florence, S.C., when Zion was 2 . When Zion was 5, his mother and father divorced.

Sampson, who now works as a middle-school health and physical eduction teacher in Greenville, S.C., was Zion's first real basketball coach throughout a number of youth leagues.

So Zion was actually born in Salisbury, NC and obviously his parents(former college athletes) are responsible for his extraordinary gift of freakish fatleticism.
“Zion is so easygoing,” said his mother, Sharonda Sampson. “He likes to be with his friends, but mostly he's a homebody. He likes to hang around the house and watch Netflix.”

Mom was his first coach
Williamson was born in Salisbury, the child of two college athletes. His biological father, Lateef Williamson, was a 6-5 defensive lineman who committed to N.C. State but who later transferred to Division II Livingstone. Sampson was a 5-10 standout sprinter at Livingstone, and the two met on campus.

The family moved from Salisbury to Florence, S.C., when Zion was 2 . When Zion was 5, his mother and father divorced.

Sampson, who now works as a middle-school health and physical eduction teacher in Greenville, S.C., was Zion's first real basketball coach throughout a number of youth leagues.
Link to the article pls?

Mom was his first coach

Link to the article pls?
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article133103369.html

He went into Kevin’s high school gym and put up signs up about firing Kevin’s coach.

This back when the staff wouldn’t play ball with crazy parents. You know, back when they would tell a guy like Humphries’s dad to fuck off.

Wow - he may be a bigger jackass than Kevin's uncle Mike

I didn't expect us to land: 1) Zion 2) Bagley 3) Shavlik 4) Ingram.

I expected us to land but we missed: 1) Barnes 2) Jared Jeffries 3) Greg Monroe 4) Ndudi Ebi.

Also, kinda oddly since he turned out to be a role player, but I remember thinking Leslie McDonald was absolutely a Duke lock and being stunned he picked UNC.

Remember when our dream class was Boynton, Echnique, McDonald and Murphy the elder and we wound up with Plumlee, Kelly, Dawkins and Seth?

UK fans are 100% saying Duke got Capel because he's the best negative recruiter in the business lol.

Stackhouse is the one recruit we missed that really stands out for me.

Yep. We were rolling at the time. I'd put Chris Webber (though we know why) and Vince Carter up there as well. Any of those guys would have made Duke a hell of a lot cooler in the hoops world. David Lee always stuck in my craw too. With Jefferies, we probably win in '02, and who knows with Blake Griffin in the late aughts. Love Dan Ewing, but taking him over Ben Gordon was a mistake.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom