Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Zion Williamson

Beat me to posting this. Dude is incredible. When aliens are confirmed as real, I fully believe he'll be the first athlete confirmed to be an alien. It just makes no sense how he's able to move so fluidly at that size.

Among the dozens of ways he seems to routinely defy physics the one that strikes me the most about his play in the league is how he finds seams. Jamming the widest body in the NBA through the six inches of space between two defenders without scattering them like bowling pins is surreal to watch.

There's one play where he catches in the left corner on a double team and somehow sneaks by on the baseline without stepping out of bounds to finger roll it in.

Reposting the video with it linked to the play I'm talking about. When I was watching it in the context of the game, it looked even crazier.

Also, one thing the highlights miss is how much better his defense has been. He's had some really good help possessions digging in for steals. And there were plays where he was isolated on SGA or Siakam in recent games and they couldn't get by him. His biggest struggle right now is on closeouts. Or maybe those classic big man rotations to protect the rim.

Last edited:
Watching the game and I guess Nance did play. Not sure why that one report said he was out.

He sure is doing a lot of flexing and shit talking in that video. I suppose it's not the worst thing for him to have a bit more of an edge if he wants to dominate at the MVP/contender level, as the "sweet kid" persona can only take you so far.

Putting aside the dominance over last year's DPOY runner up for a second, Zion's dribble into his gather was beautiful here. CP3 was in (seemingly) perfect position to stop a drive right, and Zion drove past him like he wasn't even on the court.

Putting aside the dominance over last year's DPOY runner up for a second, Zion's dribble into his gather was beautiful here. CP3 was in (seemingly) perfect position to stop a drive right, and Zion drove past him like he wasn't even on the court.

Bridges is way too skinny to guard him. Not that Isaiah Stewart or Aaron Gordon did better, but you're better off with that type.

Also, he went right but finished with his left. I've watched every New Orleans game during this stretch. He actually does that pretty often. There's this idea that he "only goes left," so you should force him right. But that's really not true.

Haha yeah, Bridges looks so over trying to guard Zion in all those clips. He looks like how I used feel when football players came to play pickup in college and would just slam their giant shoulders and elbows into your chest over and over until it just wasn't worth playing normal defense anymore.

Bridges is way too skinny to guard him. Not that Isaiah Stewart or Aaron Gordon did better, but you're better off with that type.

Also, he went right but finished with his left. I've watched every New Orleans game during this stretch. He actually does that pretty often. There's this idea that he "only goes left," so you should force him right. But that's really not true.

You basically have to play perfect defense against him because of his athleticism. If you're off even a little bit timing wise, he somehow hangs in the air longer than any big man I've ever seen and still has the skill to finish it. He's absolutely absurd.

I don't think I realized just how ridiculous this was. 66 points per 36 minutes on 71% shooting seems good.

BaSIXZ8.jpg

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom