Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Since plane tickets are absurdly cheap from Omaha, NE to Denver and I have vacation days to burn before November 15th, I'm thinking of going to the Warriors/Nuggets game on November 10th.

Am I the only one who thinks Iverson is horribly overrated? I can't get over the dismal lack of efficiency. I wonder if he's the least efficient player ever inducted to the Hall of Fame.

I always liked AI because he played so hard and was never afraid of attacking the net. He was an amazing athlete.

His shooting % and PER did not bother me so much because he was entertaining to watch.

If he was surrounded by better talent, do you think he would be put in a better position to succeed and have an improved PER (e.g. fewer double teams, fewer forced shots because the team is less reliant on him being the sole source of scoring)? I think his style of play would lead to low PER regardless.

He couldn't shoot from long range. I'm not sure that was going to change regardless. He took a lot of midrange shots as a result.

He was actually very good at finishing at the rim. If he could have hit threes, he might have been an efficient player. To me it's just not very "fun" to watch a guy miss a lot.

This is kind of where I get sad I know more about efficiency these days. I think he was so much fun to watch in college given his freak athleticism and ability to just dunk on people despite being so small.

Also it was pretty amazing he carried that 76ers team to the NBA finals. Their next best players were Eric Snow and Aaron McKie

But seriously, is there anyone who even comes close to as inefficient as AI who is in the Hall of Fame? This feels like a fan vote more than anything based on merit.

AI was a chucker for sure. I think he would have made more shots if he wasn't drunk during games.

The Olympics -- plus a team I care about going to seven games in the NBA Finals -- has really made the offseason seem shorter this year.

NBA 2k17 releasing next Friday will help too. Despite losing in the Finals, I am really excited about Cavs/Warriors being potentially a defining era rivalry much like Lakers/Celtics in the 80s.

rome8180 said:
The Olympics -- plus a team I care about going to seven games in the NBA Finals -- has really made the offseason seem shorter this year.

Umm, old age does that, too

This was surprising to me:

1. Steph Curry is actually a phenomenal finisher, or the Warriors offense is so beautiful that he takes a disproportionate number of open layups.

2. Chris Paul is actually an offensive idiot in that he doesn't take nearly enough shots at the rim.

3. Damian Lillard is actually the bad finisher that most people think Curry is.

4. Derrick Rose is actually really terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom